New manager

KJT123

Ok maybe i should rephrase , "before he came here" ;-)

Oh, fair enough. I remember the Norwich fans highlighting that aspect. But ultimately he displayed nothing to back that up whilst here. He struggled with tactical balance from day one, so not because we 'broke him' - just that he wasn't very good. 

Edited by Isa

Literally anybody. Sherwood wasn't even a manager. Total fraud.

Stefan your sounding a little bitter now. You've made comments like this on a few occasions now. let it go. ;)

Bitter? Wrong word buddy. I'm delighted Sherwood is gone!

Looks like Remi Garde is going to be the next manager. Or does it. I think it does.

Evidence

Just my own deductions that I've been entertaining for a few months now. I'd be surprised if I was wrong.

• Like 3

It looks like Garde is not only the man Villa want but he's also the choice of the majority of the fans on here, it seems. I'm not so sure he has that much of a previous record but, like every man that takes the job on, he'll get my support. 

One thing I will say is that I think a lot of people are getting a bit ahead of themselves with regards to the quality of football we can expect from Garde's team. He's still got this bunch to work with and it's not guaranteed they will be able to play the way he wants them to. I admit though, the sound of a manager who is a tactician is music to the ears. MON had a plan b of moving a midfielder to full back, McLeish just played every defender he could possibly get on the pitch, Lambert's plan b was to put every possible striker on and hoof it into the box, Sherwood well, his master stroke was to fool the opposition into thinking they were good by telling us to play shite first half - for one game. 

In all seriousness(because I have been writing some light hearted stuff in my last few posts) I haven't got a clue as to who the club should appoint.i just don't know the magnitude of this, now.

if it is Remi Garde....He should get the sort of reception that frightens him and just let him know from day one of how much support he has.....we have to unite behind this next man.

• Like 2

It looks like Garde is not only the man Villa want but he's also the choice of the majority of the fans on here, it seems. I'm not so sure he has that much of a previous record but, like every man that takes the job on, he'll get my support. 

One thing I will say is that I think a lot of people are getting a bit ahead of themselves with regards to the quality of football we can expect from Garde's team. He's still got this bunch to work with and it's not guaranteed they will be able to play the way he wants them to. I admit though, the sound of a manager who is a tactician is music to the ears. MON had a plan b of moving a midfielder to full back, McLeish just played every defender he could possibly get on the pitch, Lambert's plan b was to put every possible striker on and hoof it into the box, Sherwood well, his master stroke was to fool the opposition into thinking they were good by telling us to play shite first half - for one game. 

In all honestly I'd say before he was mentioned for the job very little knew of Garde and how his team play. Therefore the fact that now a majority want him doesn't mean that much.

Literally anybody. Sherwood wasn't even a manager. Total fraud.

Stefan your sounding a little bitter now. You've made comments like this on a few occasions now. let it go. ;)

Bitter? Wrong word buddy. I'm delighted Sherwood is gone!

Sorry, I meant to say hater!

Plus it's not a given that someone will come I and do a better job than Sherwood. Keep us up for instance or take us to an FA Cup final. Sherwood may well have fell on his arse but so have those before him and if we display any of the ineptness we have shown over the last 4 years or so we could easily end up with just about anyone and not necessarily improve.

• Like 1

On a lighter note, having listened to Football Weekly and how highly Phillipe Auclair spoke of Remi Garde, I'm a bit excited.

Yep, me too. I really like some of the things I'm hearing about Garde.