New manager

KJT123

Going down this year is a real prospect, so... are we saying so long as the bloke puts up a good fight and gives a passable impression of knowing what he's doing, we'll stick with him in the Championship? 

Managers have taken over clubs later than this in a lot worse positions and kept teams up. Any manager who takes over us now should keep us up!

What managers and what teams?? Fill me with hope cause 36pts in 28 games dos the fill me with hope if we are to achieve 40points.

Obviously Albuon were prime examples, this article states a few others.. I'm sure if you go through the years individually you'll find more examples

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-albion-great-escape-9259916

BBC WM Sport 95.6 @sportbbcwm

French football expert @LaurensJulien confirms the release of Remi Garde's preferred backroom by @OL is stalling a possible move to #avfc

Hmm, hope this is sorted soon.

They are just going by his Twitter feed which was last updated six hours ago I think. 

Blah blah blah

I wouldn't have thought the compensation for inducing a breach of an assistant manager's contract is anything more than the fuel bill on a transatlantic flight on Randy's private jet. Especially considering the said assistant manager is employed by a scruffy French club. With the exception of PSG, they're all brassic so it shouldn't really be an obstacle. 

Although Mike Ashley refused to cough up for the same assistant when he tried to get Garde, Newecastle weren't bottom of the table at the time and we all know how Randy loves a panic buy. 

Bet it happens.

BBC WM Sport 95.6@sportbbcwm

French football expert @LaurensJulien confirms the release of Remi Garde's preferred backroom by @OL is stalling a possible move to #avfc

Hmm, hope this is sorted soon.

They are just going by his Twitter feed which was last updated six hours ago I think. 

Blah blah blah

I wouldn't have thought the compensation for inducing a breach of an assistant manager's contract is anything more than the fuel bill on a transatlantic flight on Randy's private jet. Especially considering the said assistant manager is employed by a scruffy French club. With the exception of PSG, they're all brassic so it shouldn't really be an obstacle. 

Although Mike Ashley refused to cough up for the same assistant when he tried to get Garde, Newecastle weren't bottom of the table at the time and we all know how Randy loves a panic buy. 

Bet it happens.

The problem at Newcastle was, allegedly, that it was in Newcastle. You know one of the biggest selling points to Birmingham is it's proximity to London, amongst being a relatively upwardly mobile city itself of course! Also, he had only taken a couple of months off at that stage.

This is gonna go down like a lead balloon on here, but I'd love to see Garde as head coach and Houllier as DoF. 

I wouldn't mind Houllier involved in some, hopefully low stress, capacity. Maybe not on the coaching side but he's been around the block and the club does seem to need more "football" men. Whether or not there is actually a role for him is another thing entirely obviously.

I have just been reading l'equipe france no1 football newspaper and there is no mention of Remi Garde and Aston villa, there is a small snippet from Sunday to question whether he will become next villa manager. No talk of any talks or even talks breaking down over backroon staff. Even comments left on the article from French footballs fans have no mention of villa or even he taking another job, how ever one did say that he let Lyon due to certain pressures. Only other article in there is how he is linked to Arsenal wenger and how he was once touted as arsene's successor. Surely would of thought they'd carry some story of some substance. I am starting to question whether this is all media talk or even leaks from the club in a hope that they can persuade Moyes one way or another. Similar how man Utd were gonna bid for benteke only to get Liverpool to make their move.