New manager

KJT123

I'd say sacking 2 managers in 6 months shows a pretty high level of bumbling around.

The sacking of Lambert was proved a very good decision.

After Sherwood kept us up last season, 10 games is a fair crack of the whip.

Hardly bumbling around...

• Like 1

So here's a thought, whilst we all muse on who it will be next, whether Garde, or someone else...

Appy Arry was in the Metro the other day saying a manager only makes at most 10% difference to the fortunes of a club and the rest is down to the quality of the players. I think he could well be right, but if he is that makes his role even more vital if the margins of influence are so small.

It also provides the likes of Sherwood and other sh*te managers with a handy get out because they can always say they weren't his players and the ones he got just weren't good enough. Fact is, we are where we are (up the creek) and we need someone with intelligence to make the best of our squad and give it a shot - a workman who likes working and won't blame his tools.

The more I think about it, Remy fits this criteria. Sure it may not work, but even if we go down, I think he could help us build something interesting. I'm all for it.

That's because Harry Redknapp is an absolute word removed

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

You're right 8 months. Still think sacking 2 managers in that time frame shows the same.

Bumbling around would be persisting with Sherwood even though it was clear he was miles out of his depth.

Which is arguably what we did with Lambert. That was bumbling around. This is not.

I'd say sacking 2 managers in 6 months shows a pretty high level of bumbling around.

I can't think of many other top clubs that have got rid of managers at the rate we've done.

Remi Garde will be our 5th manager in 6 seasons.

Why do we need to speak Lyon? Very rarely hear (if at all) of clubs refusing to let staff go, it's a matter of compensation. My guess is that isn't the full (true) story as to why it's has stalled (if it has)

Happened with Norwich when Lambert wanted Culverhouse and Karsa.

So here's a thought, whilst we all muse on who it will be next, whether Garde, or someone else...

Appy Arry was in the Metro the other day saying a manager only makes at most 10% difference to the fortunes of a club and the rest is down to the quality of the players. I think he could well be right, but if he is that makes his role even more vital if the margins of influence are so small.

It also provides the likes of Sherwood and other sh*te managers with a handy get out because they can always say they weren't his players and the ones he got just weren't good enough. Fact is, we are where we are (up the creek) and we need someone with intelligence to make the best of our squad and give it a shot - a workman who likes working and won't blame his tools.

The more I think about it, Remy fits this criteria. Sure it may not work, but even if we go down, I think he could help us build something interesting. I'm all for it.

That's because Harry Redknapp is an absolute cunte

He's not my favourite bloke either but what do you think of the percentage influence a manager can have?

I can't think of many other top clubs that have got rid of managers at the rate we've done.

Remi Garde will be our 5th manager in 6 seasons.

Agreed, but I think in the main the club have pulled the trigger when they've had little choice. There wasn't much messing about re the sackings bar Lambert as Stevo points out.

Is it a wider recruitment issue? I'm not sure. Lambert was the fans choice, Sherwood completed his remit in the short term.

The two before were stinkers mind.

He's not my favourite bloke either but what do you think of the percentage influence a manager can have?

I think it's a hell of a lot more than 10%.

If all that matters is the quality of the player, then the manager has a huge influence in that as he signs them (or has a big part in signing them)

As usual, I think Redknapp is talking out of his arse.

• Like 1

I think it's a hell of a lot more than 10%.

If all that matters is the quality of the player, then the manager has a huge influence in that as he signs them (or has a big part in signing them)

As usual, I think Redknapp is talking out of his arse.

And if the players are by committee how small does that percentage get? and what are clubs even bothering paying for?

I think the manager has much more influence than 10%.

Maybe the point Harry was trying to make is that the owners, directors, create and environment in which a good manager can thrive. Not sure we have that.

Somebody messaged me suggesting he'd be a great fit for us. I'm not sure why he didn't reply to my 'are you a **** nutcase' conmment back.

• Like 2

Regardless, its's till more than 10%.

As you say, if it only mattered that much, why would clubs bother paying managers?

And given that we've only lost one game by more than one this season that 10% could be all the difference we need.

That said though, I think Arry's 10% is working on the given assumption that the manager is selecting his teams and tactics in a sane and consistent manner.

• Like 2

Regardless, its's till more than 10%.

As you say, if it only mattered that much, why would clubs bother paying managers?

And given that we've only lost one game by more than one this season that 10% could be all the difference we need.

That said though, I think Arry's 10% is working on the given assumption that the manager is selecting his teams and tactics in a sane and consistent manner.

I wouldn't trust Redknapp with percentages and statistics...

Doesn't he let his bulldog do his tax returns or something?