Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, Spray said:

How does reportedly made a bid mean "looks like"

Because it looks like we are rather than we have signed... Relax

Newcastle making a late bid for him too

If we were signing players this window it should have been at the start. We are not going to make a great escape if we don't spend a lot of millions. So signings now is a waste of money. We need all the money we can save for the Championship with this owner. So I will be disappointed if we sign someone now. Terrible times.

I would be spitting tacks in that case, if that's all we've been doing. I don't even rate Debuchy. Is he better than Hutton? Sure, okay. Have you ever watched a game where you've thought, 'God I wish we had Debuchy on our team?' I thought he was decent at Newcastle, but picked up too many stupid red cards, and I was absolutely amazed when Arsenal signed him. Since then he's done nothing. I honestly don't think he'd make THAT big of a difference. 

Looks like we're going to get Doumbia on loan with automatic permanent transfer if we stay up 

He will go to Newcastle as they are interested too. Unless its a free loan i cant see anything happening! Really have lost all trust with this board! Worried for the future of this once great club!

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have you ever watched a game where you've thought, 'God I wish we had Debuchy on our team?'

I can confirm I've never thought this. I'd take him though if it meant no more hatchet Hutton for this season.

Edited by Spray

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would be spitting tacks in that case, if that's all we've been doing. I don't even rate Debuchy. Is he better than Hutton? Sure, okay. Have you ever watched a game where you've thought, 'God I wish we had Debuchy on our team?' I thought he was decent at Newcastle, but picked up too many stupid red cards, and I was absolutely amazed when Arsenal signed him. Since then he's done nothing. I honestly don't think he'd make THAT big of a difference. 

He's had two red cards in his Premier League career.

19 minutes ago, Spray said:

I can confirm I've never thought this. I'd take him though if it meant no more hatchet Hutton for this season.

Well, I have. I think he would be a great signing. 

Not sure why we didn't try and get Pantillimon. He's a very good keeper and moved to Watford for practically nothing. Also Dwight Gayle and Mile Jedinak are available. These 4 players can/would have made a big difference to our survival chances for very little cost.

13 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Well, I have. I think he would be a great signing. 

Not sure why we didn't try and get Pantillimon. He's a very good keeper and moved to Watford for practically nothing. Also Dwight Gayle and Mile Jedinak are available. These 4 players can/would have made a big difference to our survival chances for very little cost.

Aren't Swansea in for Gayle at £7.5m + £500k later on, hardly at very little cost.

14 minutes ago, Spray said:

Aren't Swansea in for Gayle at £7.5m + £500k later on, hardly at very little cost.

Very little in total for what we'd be getting.

The point I'm trying to make is there are players out there who are affordable and can help us to get out of the position we are in. They are worth the gamble and it is not a hopeless situation!

Edited by Michael118

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's had two red cards in his Premier League career.

Okay. Obviously I thought it was more than that. (Still two too many). 

I do distinctly remember one of them being really **** dumb, but whatever. Bottom line: I don't think he's particularly good, and I didn't think he was that good at Newcastle. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

no need for the sarcastic response mate

i find it mental that a championship club looking at promotion could spend £13million on a striker who isn't proven above the championship.

But he is proven in the Championship, and i suppose at the moment that's all they need in their efforts to get promoted. The huge sums of money on offer to promoted clubs next season mean that if there is any doubts over his ability to step up they can bring in another striker in the summer, and if Rhodes doesn't make the grade in the PL I'm sure they could recoup a lot of that outlay by flogging back to championship. 

It kind of puts things in perspective though I think regarding the the kind of investment that is now considered par for the course in football. There have been posts in this thread suggesting we shouldn't be spending any money given our predicament, that teams like Newcastle and Sunderland will suffer for their spending should they be relegated this season. Yet even championship clubs are now spending large sums money, and my worry is that next season even with the parachute payments, we won't even be able to compete financially with clubs in the Championship. 

Its worrying times. 

~£10m for Championship striker, to a Championship club!

Randy has another thing coming if he thinks we're going to walk that league next year without putting money in.

We could be in for a bumpy ride the next few years.

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

~£10m for Championship striker, to a Championship club!

Randy has another thing coming if he thinks we're going to walk that league next year without putting money in.

We could be in for a bumpy ride the next few years.

Absolutely. At the moment he won't spend £10m for a striker in an effort to keep us in the PL, if people think he is going to spend this sort of money in the Championship i fear they are going to be disappointed. 

If noone signs this January.  It's obvious the clubs owner has given up so why should the fans go? Maybe a mass boycott for the rest of the season should be organised since its all over according to Randy. Hit him where it hurts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSV said:

If noone signs this January.  It's obvious the clubs owner has given up so why should the fans go? Maybe a mass boycott for the rest of the season should be organised since its all over according to Randy. Hit him where it hurts. 

No one is forced to go to the games. Go if you want to watch Aston Villa play and don't bother if you have better things to do.