Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Clubs in trouble can attract players, plenty have done so before now.

it isn't easy and to do it you have to pay more than you would want or do in different circumstances. You also have to accept terms you otherwise wouldn't but you can do it.

I don't care who we are linked with or what Garde says, right now I don't believe for one minute that we are really trying to bring people in who can make a difference because we aren't willing or able to pay what it costs.

The appointment of a cost cutting Chairman only confirms that to me.

Some of us might not have given up on staying up but I don't think the same is true of those running the club. But don't worry because they aren't worried about the consequences of going down according to the assortment of idiots running our club into the ground.

I guess if you can reduce costs, get the parachute payments and still pay down your loans all is good in the world.

Still, Lerner had a tattoo and once did up a pub.

Agreed ! At the time we signed him, nobody expected us to sign Bent, and certainly nobody expected a signing that cost as much as Bent. Fair play whatever he did afterwards, he probably kept us up that season too.

Seems to me buying GOOD, Proven players is getting harder and harder.

Who knows, maybe we are trying to put together similar deals but it's suddenly a harder sell...in a time when Chelsea are seemingly chasing Pato, and have to sell Remy before they can buy anything is possible. Pato will never succeed in this league IMO, and Remy was never good enough for Chelsea at the time they bought him either.

Villa as desperately trying to cut costs and get rid of high earners. There will be no spectacular signings this window apart from a couple of loans. The club knows it is missing out on £53 million next year so I wouldn't expect us to get any permanent players with any quality. 

18 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Liverpool are after Shane Long apparently.

Really? Caulker and now Long lol. Won't be long before the mighty Pool are back in the big time!

3 hours ago, mwj said:

Mate he is utter shit. I'll take veretout any day of the week.

Have you ever seen him play? In what department would you compare Walters to Veretout

Its like I wouldnt take Debuchy as we have Ayew

Edited by Zatman

Walters will be 33 this year, he might even be the type of player we need, but at his age he is imo too old.

Will wan't a long contract as it will be his last, not a good investment.

Edited : got a bit confused

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, sne said:

Walters will be 33 this year, I agree we need a leader in midfield (and the team as a whole) , he might even be the type of player we need, but at his age he is imo too old.

Will wan't a long contract as it will be his last, not a good investment.

he isnt a midfielder ;)

• Like 1

Not sure why Walters keeps getting linked....he only signed a new deal at Stoke 2 months ago and he's only being kept out by how good the Stoke front trio have been. Shaqiri is injured so he'll start v Arsenal.

Crouch on the other hand I've mentioned many times before as a realistic target....not playing much at all and said he wants to play more regularly.

• Like 1