Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

14 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

i think any transfers will be more of a case of buying inferior players to what we already have (if this is possible) to prepare for the championship, most of the rats in the first team are going to jump ship

Not sure I'd give them a choice, if they didn't jump I'd push. 

" It was clear that there is an expectation that Remi Garde will do better with our current crop of players than the previous incumbent but that they were not ruling out the need for new blood." 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-set-appoint-new-10599750

doesnt sound to me like theres a big splash of cash coming. Personally i dont think cole is going to be our saviour, even if he did turn up we would need atleast a solid striker that can hit the ground running aswell as a midfielder or two. The whole club gives the impression of already having had the towel thrown in. 

I know they cant come out saying they are going to spend 15m, but it sounds like they think a leftback from league 2 is good enough

Edited by tomaspg

I hear fans saying that "who will want to stay?" when the inevitable happens................ but I think the question should be "who the **** out of this set of jokers would we want to stay?".......

Realistically, we have to build a championship promotion team, and If our squad hasn't got the bollocks or fight for the premier league, then they have zero chance in the championship where its a 100mph battle 3 times a week................. there are very few that id keep out of this squad that I think would perform in the championship.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think some of them could perform in the Championship........... but I think the question is............... which ones?....................

Hutton, Baker, Clark, Bennett, Okore, Westwood, Bacuna, Gardner, Sinclair, Gabby, Gestede......... realistically I think would be keepable, suitable to the league and perform in championship...........

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

Hutton, Baker, Clark, Bennett, Okore, Westwood, Bacuna, Gardner, Sinclair, Gabby, Gestede......... realistically I think would be keepable, suitable to the league and perform in championship...........

I reckon that would be totally regressive if that's who we're relying on next season. I would have considered the Championship a good place to prepare Veretout/Amavi/Ayew/Traore/Grealish etc. I realise it's a tough league but Watford and Bournemouth both impressed in it with technical players as opposed to just strong athletes.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I reckon that would be totally regressive if that's who we're relying on next season. I would have considered the Championship a good place to prepare Veretout/Amavi/Ayew/Traore/Grealish etc. I realise it's a tough league but Watford and Bournemouth both impressed in it with technical players as opposed to just strong athletes.

Be prepared to be disappointed then. We're not going to sack or sell 50% of the first team squad, especially players like Baker, Gardner, Bennett and Gestede who have experience of the division. Of the list provided by Adbo9, only Gabby seems to me to be unlikely to accompany us to the lower division, his high wages and low contribution can't be carried any more. 

EDIT: And that's only if we can find somebody to pawn him off onto, which is probably impossible in itself. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

25 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

didn't Watford sign 14 players since they got promoted to the Prem ?

• Like 1

Zack Clough and Josh Vela anyone? very promising striker and Vela is highly rated player as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35094217

Unpaid Bolton players could opt to leave, says Neil Lennon

Bolton manager Neil Lennon is worried that some players could choose to leave if they are not paid this month.
The club are £172.9m in debt and facing a winding-up petition from Revenue and Customs over £600,000 of unpaid taxes.
Players were not paid in November and can choose to terminate their contracts with two weeks' notice if the same happens this month.
"That is their right and at this time of year it's a huge concern if they're not getting paid," Lennon said.
"I remember being in Glasgow when it happened to Rangers and players used their right to leave Rangers and go and play in England.
"So that scenario is a realistic possibility and that would be another devastating blow.
"No-one's come forward to suggest that just yet, but time is of the essence and it's a really difficult time of year for everyone, including players."

Edited by Villan4Life

51 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

didn't Watford sign 14 players since they got promoted to the Prem ?

They did 

As for Bournmouth they might not look physically strong but they are athletes they are very high on the distance covered by player stats.They press alot and get around the pitch.

Meanwhile for example we have Gestede who is physically strong but is as athletic as a hippo 

Easy to say but we need a striker like Vardy who runs around ,press's defenders , gets wide and creates space oh and can finish.Some strenght in midfield would also help someone to defend and drive forward and of course the defence needs to be sorted LB at least.Given our abundance of CB's a switch to 3-5-2 with attacking wingbacks might be a way to get some solidness in defence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

we will end up with Ameobi adn Big Emile

You know it!! That's how the Villa works :D Ameobi & Emile!!

Shame as those two (Vela & Clough) specially for nothing if they have to leave Bolton would be excellent additions! Man Utd have been watching Clough this last year! Burst onto the scene and is one exciting prospect!

I wish our scouts would watch some Lower League strikers such as Tom Bradshaw (Walsall)

That kid is a goalmachine but has everything in his locker to make it in Premiership.. Even if we was relegated and had Bradshaw he would easily score 20/25 in Championship. His all round game is improving all the time and is only 23.

Wouldn't cost more than £1.5mil either.

Edited by Villan4Life