Ratings and Reactions: Villa - Stoke

limpid

Match Poll  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

An amazing result for all the wrong reasons.

I have about 1 billion things to say, but I can't be bothered.

AVFC - who the **** cares?

definitely know that feeling. I find myself writing out a reply on here quite often just to delete it because its just a drop in the ocean of what I really want to say and its too much effort as i exhale and backspace Pfftt this club has turned me retarded. 

Sherwood with all those promises back end of last season about not having to put up with a relegation scrap ever again. 8 games in and we're worse off than we've ever been. Has to go ASAP. He can say he wanted to keep Benteke all he wants but he must have known and been preparing for it close-season. He's had  north of £50m to spend how he likes on his own players, picked his backroom staff; this is his side now and he has failed miserably. Cant talk all that spiel he talks then pick teams like he has.

Fox must see the light now and act. Im semi confident a new man can get us at least competing to stay above the dotted line with THIRTY games to go.

Why is it, that everyone on an Internet message board knows pretty much what the team should be, what the substitutions should be and how the team should play.

Yet one man, thinks he knows otherwise. The complete and utter cretin. 

We played for 0-0 today and we lost 0-1. We deserve everything we get under this sad, pathetic excuse for a manager.

TIM, START PLAYING OUR BEST PLAYERS YOU USELESS F***

• Like 3

Pros today- a good pie and chips, a nice walk around aston park kicking the leaves, and seeing a replica delorean time machine on the M5.

Cons- watching yet another miserable excuse of a home performance. Getting to the stage you are numb and don't care anymore. I just fed up of Villa ruining about 70% of your weekends every year. No positives at all.  

Stoke fully deserved the win and lets face it they have better players and more ambition than Aston Villa Football Club. 

Doesn't that make you want to cry?

• Like 2

99% of the time 3 at the back doesn't work. Waste of time trying it, managers always go back to 4.

I like 3 at the back but only if have 2 good wing backs. HUtton is very game and in fairness he tries to go forward but doesnt have end product sadly for it.

dont see mentioned but we could easily have had 2 penalties today :(

and the ref gave Hutton nothing all game

Ref was a **** clown, gave us next to nothing

99% of the time 3 at the back doesn't work. Waste of time trying it, managers always go back to 4.

I like 3 at the back but only if have 2 good wing backs. HUtton is very game and in fairness he tries to go forward but doesnt have end product sadly for it.

I don't understand why Bacuna didn't play if we were playing with wingbacks.. surely that position was made for Bacuna!

• Like 1

I don't understand why Bacuna didn't play if we were playing with wingbacks.. surely that position was made for Bacuna!

Yes Hutton a willing runner but there was a lack of quality in his crossing

dont see mentioned but we could easily have had 2 penalties today :(

and the ref gave Hutton nothing all game

Ref was a **** clown, gave us next to nothing

He even blocked a pass from Gana at one stage. was shocking performance though not really an excuse :P

No plan, no pattern, no ideas. The players look confused, they look frustrated and they look a little scared.

There's enough talent in this team to keep us up, I'm much less worried about what the players are giving for the manager than what the manager is giving for them.

They need organising, they need instruction and they need to know what we're trying to do.

It's hard to see what we're attempting - the manager says it's a new team and they need to settle and get used to each other, then he changes the shape and the team every game and wonders why it's not working - are we a passing team? are we a physical side? are we a counter attacking side? We're a shambles - and it's coming from the complete lack of organisation.

Sherwood out.

We looked at our most dangerous when the clock was running out, with five minutes to go and into the added time.

Essentially, we played better when we played without any organisation than when we looked like we were trying to figure out the managers instruction. I think that tells you a lot.

If we play better without any organisation and we also have a complete lack of organisation, then doesn't this mean that we are playing completely well?

480642.jpg

When a bunch of guys - who have never met before - play a game of football, they manage to play as a team and understand that the point is to score goals.

We manage to play like we have no idea what the point of this game is. I truly feel they would play better without guidance because I just can't imagine the instructions they are being given.

Sherwood needs to go. For the record, I never wanted Doug to go. These are the dark days of this club.

I think if I had chosen to support this club rather than being born this way, I might be able to walk away.

Edited by brendanvillatalk

If the answer to the question is Sam Allardyce I dont want to hear the question!

I want someone here who is going to make us into the type of team we deserve. 

Go balls out for the top, De Boer and Klopp are both available. Give either a contract they cant turn down.

De  Boer?? Klopp?? Hahahahaha :)

Enough is enough. Time to go Tim. Thanks for keeping us up, but you don't know what you're doing. If there was any consistent vision being worked towards I'd be hopeful but every week there's another formation, another line-up - no coherence. Taxi!