Ratings and Reactions: Villa - Stoke

limpid

Match Poll  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

If the answer to the question is Sam Allardyce I dont want to hear the question!

I want someone here who is going to make us into the type of team we deserve. 

Go balls out for the top, De Boer and Klopp are both available. Give either a contract they cant turn down.

De  Boer?? Klopp?? Hahahahaha :)

Mourinho might be free?

Still seething having being treated to that shit shower this afternoon. Judging by the fans sitting around us I think we have all pretty much had it with Sherwood and a number of the players.

There are just so so many things wrong and for me now I have given up trying to convince myself that Sherwood will get it right eventually. The bloke is a complete liability as a manager, today turned it for me. The pathetic five at the back against Stoke at home FFS, players not having a clue what they are supposed to be doing, the increasingly bizarre team selections, the wasted quickly taken free kicks, sideways passing, mistaking possession for goals, trying to change things too late, starting utterly the wrong players.

I could go on but its abundantly clear that the players' confidence is shot to pieces and I seriously doubt 'Tactics Tim' is helping in anyway. Some of what I have said could be laid at the players doors but fundamentally the manager should be determining tactics on the pitch and the buck stops with him. Personally I am sick to the back teeth of walking away from Villa Park listening to the opposition fans celebrating victory. I have just about had it with this club.

• Like 2

The worst thing about it is that it's entirely expected.

Exactly. Before the lineups were announced I thought we'd lose but was hopeful of a draw. As soon as the lineups were announced a comfortable Stoke win was all I could see. Never in my life have i turned up at VP expecting to lose by 2 or more goals to a side as bang average as Stoke.

Exactly. Before the lineups were announced I thought we'd lose but was hopeful of a draw. As soon as the lineups were announced a comfortable Stoke win was all I could see. Never in my life have i turned up at VP expecting to lose by 2 or more goals to a side as bang average as Stoke.

I've been out all day but as soon as I heard we were 1-0 down I knew that's how it would. Not in a pessimistic kind of way (I tend to be an optimist) but in a logical way because that's what always happens, especially at home. I also knew that we wouldn't have had that many chances.

I've been out all day but as soon as I heard we were 1-0 down I knew that's how it would. Not in a pessimistic kind of way (I tend to be an optimist) but in a logical way because that's what always happens, especially at home. I also knew that we wouldn't have had that many chances.

yep we created next to nothing all game

the game..its clear the players are not prem league standard after this showing,i carnt fault the effort from the players,its not their fault they are not good enough,stoke played well,their goal was "a matter of time" sort of goal,you just knew we was not going to score,

the manager.. with so many changes with players /systems its a sure sign its a last roll of the dice at the table,

a new low was when stoke sang to us."your ******* ^$%%%%^%%%" .

• Like 1

Was the first Arnoutovic goal onside then?

I sit in line with it and it looked pretty clearly offside to me - which doesn't mean it was, but does give the linesman my sympathy if it wasn't!

He looked bang on level on TV, if he was off it was by millimeters so should never been ruled out. 

I sit in line with it and it looked pretty clearly offside to me - which doesn't mean it was, but does give the linesman my sympathy if it wasn't!

He looked bang on level on TV, if he was off it was by millimeters so should never been ruled out. 

I agree, looked in line on the replays so could have easily gone either way.

I agree, looked in line on the replays so could have easily gone either way.

Saw the replay this morning - it was a lot closer than it looked with the naked eye. Personally I still think he was just off - although I'm not a neutral.

the game..its clear the players are not prem league standard after this showing,i carnt fault the effort from the players,its not their fault they are not good enough,stoke played well,their goal was "a matter of time" sort of goal,you just knew we was not going to score,

the manager.. with so many changes with players /systems its a sure sign its a last roll of the dice at the table,

a new low was when stoke sang to us."your ******* ^$%%%%^%%%" .

To be fair I was tempted to join in with that particular ditty

Took my son for the first time on Saturday, he wanted to leave after 25 mins. We stayed to the bitter end of course but he couldn't eat his McDonalds afterwards because 'Villa made him feel sick' .

We sat in the Upper North T5 and it was empty, atmosphere was a little 'off' to. It's been about 18 months since I was last at VP but I don't remember it ever being so quiet, Stoke fans made more noise than we did.

However he did say he wanted to go again.

UTV

Took my son for the first time on Saturday, he wanted to leave after 25 mins. We stayed to the bitter end of course but he couldn't eat his McDonalds afterwards because 'Villa made him feel sick' .

We sat in the Upper North T5 and it was empty, atmosphere was a little 'off' to. It's been about 18 months since I was last at VP but I don't remember it ever being so quiet, Stoke fans made more noise than we did.

However he did say he wanted to go again.

UTV

Crap atmosphere yesterday but I don't really expect one when we're getting dominated by STOKE at home