Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Genuinely speaking it’s quite frustrating. You come into topics like this, make controversial statements and posts, and if anyone tries to have a serious debate or conversation with you, you make (bad) jokes

Hi Stevo,

Sorry you are finding my posts 'frustrating '. I am not aware of making any 'controversial statements '. I may simply have a different opinion to you. 

I don't find your posts controversial, I accept that you see things with a a different perspective.

If we all agreed about everything there would be nothing to discuss would there?

My 'jokes' , well I 'nicked' the one about my wife from a Peter Kay I think, so blame him if you like😂😂😂

You are right that the subject under discussion deserves a serious debate. I think I have made some points that have attracted posters to air their views.

The fact that some people might not agree with my point of view is fine,......you don't agree with me, let's discuss your ideas then,

VLD.

3 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Hi Stevo,

Sorry you are finding my posts 'frustrating '. I am not aware of making any 'controversial statements '. I may simply have a different opinion to you. 

I don't find your posts controversial, I accept that you see things with a a different perspective.

If we all agreed about everything there would be nothing to discuss would there?

My 'jokes' , well I 'nicked' the one about my wife from a Peter Kay I think, so blame him if you like😂😂😂

You are right that the subject under discussion deserves a serious debate. I think I have made some points that have attracted posters to air their views.

The fact that some people might not agree with my point of view is fine,......you don't agree with me, let's discuss your ideas then,

VLD.

Several people have tried to discuss your ideas and you've ignored them or made bad jokes rather than actually engage in a debate.

You have made some pretty right wing and bordering on racist comments on this board in your time here, so I'd class them as controversial.

I'm not expecting you to agree with me, and I'm certainly not expecting to agree with you. But most people on this forum are here to actually have discussions about their opinions. Not make inflammatory posts and then not engage with people when they disgaree.

You never know, you might open your eyes to a few things if you actually allow people to have a discussion rather than assuming you're right and laughing everything else off.

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Several people have tried to discuss your ideas and you've ignored them or made bad jokes rather than actually engage in a debate.

You have made some pretty right wing and bordering on racist comments on this board in your time here, so I'd class them as controversial.

I'm not expecting you to agree with me, and I'm certainly not expecting to agree with you. But most people on this forum are here to actually have discussions about their opinions. Not make inflammatory posts and then not engage with people when they disgaree.

You never know, you might open your eyes to a few things if you actually allow people to have a discussion rather than assuming you're right and laughing everything else off.

Thanks for the post.

Would you re-read your last paragraph and the look up the word 'irony' please.

'inflammatory posts', I think you will find these are the ones that you don't agree with.

That in no way makes them 'immflammatory'. 

Stop worrying about me having a different opinion to you, it's healthy to discuss these things and should not lead to anybody bring 'upset' or 'frustrated '.

VLD.

2 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Thanks for the post.

Would you re-read your last paragraph and the look up the word 'irony' please.

'inflammatory posts', I think you will find these are the ones that you don't agree with.

That in no way makes them 'immflammatory'. 

Stop worrying about me having a different opinion to you, it's healthy to discuss these things and should not lead to anybody bring 'upset' or 'frustrated '.

VLD.

The bold is literally my point. Plenty of people have tried to discuss things with you, and you ignore it. Like you're doing right now.

But nevermind, you're not interested in a discussion so I'll leave you to your evening. 

Keep Smiling

YAAFC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

When i was in boston staying with my friends after a few hours catching up. My friends fiance sat us down and said i want to have a word with you about something.

I was like sure. He was like i know you guys in the uk might be not use to this but whats your opinion on guns? He said tk me i have some of you feel uncomfortable i will move them so you cant see them. I was like  na im kool. 

This guy one of the nicest guys i know has THREE guns. One was a AK47 i was like jesus would you actually use that on someone? He was like sure if they break into my home im blowing their head off.

Then we just went back to normal like nothing happened! Crazy place the states

That line about blowing the hypothetical burglar's head off strikes me as why a lot of people have guns. Seems like a fantasy to me. Just like that kid in Kenosha, it's just that the radius of the "home" he's protecting is quite a bit larger than his actual physical house. He just wanted to take out some "bad guys" in "self defence".

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That line about blowing the hypothetical burglar's head off strikes me as why a lot of people have guns. Seems like a fantasy to me. Just like that kid in Kenosha, it's just that the radius of the "home" he's protecting is quite a bit larger than his actual physical house. He just wanted to take out some "bad guys" in "self defence".

Take guns out of the equation... all these people who say they’d blow a burglars head off in America don’t murder burglars in this country do they?

it strikes me as a weird argument. A criminal COULD have a knife in this country very easily. But I don’t go out and buy a machete so I can lop someone’s head off if I get burgled by someone with a knife. 

Sure the situation might arise where I do get burgled by someone with a knife and think “damn I wish I had that machete”. But it’s pretty **** unlikely. 

But add guns into the equation and everyone seems to think they need to have one just in case. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Take guns out of the equation... all these people who say they’d blow a burglars head off in America don’t murder burglars in this country do they?

it strikes me as a weird argument. A criminal COULD have a knife in this country very easily. But I don’t go out and buy a machete so I can lop someone’s head off if I get burgled by someone with a knife. 

Sure the situation might arise where I do get burgled by someone with a knife and think “damn I wish I had that machete”. But it’s pretty **** unlikely. 

But add guns into the equation and everyone seems to think they need to have one just in case. 

I don't know why someone would even think of killing someone for what, breaking and entry? If they tried to hurt me sure, but like the minute he steps in the door, I'm lopping his head off? My theory is decades of weird macho media from the likes of John Wayne etc gave people some weird and dangerous fantasies. And sadly instead of finding that rare instance where they could kill a burglar and get away with it, they're much likelier to kill themselves or people around them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know why someone would even think of killing someone for what, breaking and entry? If they tried to hurt me sure, but like the minute he steps in the door, I'm lopping his head off? My theory is decades of weird macho media from the likes of John Wayne etc gave people some weird and dangerous fantasies. And sadly instead of finding that rare instance where they could kill a burglar and get away with it, they're much likelier to kill themselves or people around them. 

I doubt most people would have the bollocks to do it anyway. 

People don't like to think that they're actually incompetent scared beings like everyone else, so pretending that on waking up to strange noises downstairs they'll grab their Magnum and blow away the punk that dared enter their castle appeals. Rather than them at best missing, at worst injuring their own family, or more likely, that they actually do nothing when it comes down to it or end up escalating the situation to the point that out becomes worse for everyone.

Edited by Chindie

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

If he was a train on Thomas the tank engine, he'd be Diesel.

Creepy dude.

Hey! Iv'e got a diesel in my truck!!

6.7L Power Stroke......Beefcake

I am going to buy 740 rds of 5.56 tomorrow, haven't been able to get any, anywhere. Buddy that works at the gun club had a guy that was selling it. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is a great question. You never know, i never really want to know if i've got the minerals. Ever.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s incredibly difficult for most people to escalate to that level of violence without extreme provocation. The ones who can are probably more danger to society than 99% of burglars

• Like 1

Gotta love people on Twitter saying the quiet part out loud:

This is in response to a prominent YouTuber admitting that he went to a protest with a gun just wishing someone would give him the excuse to shoot them. Liam Neeson would have been proud.

Â