Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

We’ve already done the whole mad gunman to the house thing. The stats are there, you massively increase you risk of death if you have a gun in the house. Most people killed in their house were killed by someone known to them, or got in through an open door or window.

Don’t buy a gun, close the window.

28 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Can't fault your comments about statistics and I only know America from my holidays in Miami so not exactly an 'expert'.

I suppose the next time I am there and I have the misfortune to be robbed by someone shoving a gun to the back of my head I can inform him that he is statistically unlikely to shoot me.

Apparently you don't actually hear the 'bang'........

On a more serious note,

The week before I was visiting South Beach a young man was shot on the beach, so not exactly unheard of...

VLD.

Like I said, if you lived there and bought a gun it’s more likely to be used on your or your family than an intruder. You’d actually be placing them in more danger than if you didn’t buy a gun. 

What would you do in this country if somebody robbed your house?

I had a good friend when I was working in South Africa, a great guy, Indian by birth, Anyway he was carjacked, so he went and got a gun. He kept it for 4 weeks. He said the stress in case his kids found it was unbearable. 

I saw a debate with Obama, an d he was asked, why should I not be allowed to have guns if I'm a law abiding citizen, He gave good answers. He asked if someone should be allowed to drive a car if they were a law abiding citizen or should they take a test first. So why should you be able to buy guns without a test. Secondly he pointed out to them, there were known ISIS followers and supporters, known to the FBI and there is nothing the government can do to stop them going to a gun store buy as many assault rifles and ammo as they want and no one can do anything about it.

I have a feeling that in the not too distant future, trump will send in the national guard somewhere and they will be shot at and the defence will be they were acting to protect themselves against a tyrannical government as per the second Amendment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I said, if you lived there and bought a gun it’s more likely to be used on your or your family than an intruder. You’d actually be placing them in more danger than if you didn’t buy a gun. 

What would you do in this country if somebody robbed your house?

I would tell my wife to put everything back where she found it and I would promise to raise her housekeeping 50p.....

Keep smiling VLD.

1 minute ago, colhint said:

I saw a debate with Obama, an d he was asked, why should I not be allowed to have guns if I'm a law abiding citizen, He gave good answers.

Coincidentally, I also saw this a few days ago.

Remember when there was a US President who could take criticism, and speak eloquently about a complex subject?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colhint said:

I had a good friend when I was working in South Africa, a great guy, Indian by birth, Anyway he was carjacked, so he went and got a gun. He kept it for 4 weeks. He said the stress in case his kids found it was unbearable. 

I saw a debate with Obama, an d he was asked, why should I not be allowed to have guns if I'm a law abiding citizen, He gave good answers. He asked if someone should be allowed to drive a car if they were a law abiding citizen or should they take a test first. So why should you be able to buy guns without a test. Secondly he pointed out to them, there were known ISIS followers and supporters, known to the FBI and there is nothing the government can do to stop them going to a gun store buy as many assault rifles and ammo as they want and no one can do anything about it.

I have a feeling that in the not too distant future, trump will send in the national guard somewhere and they will be shot at and the defence will be they were acting to protect themselves against a tyrannical government as per the second Amendment.

Judging by the rioting and anarchy in some towns I would say it is some of the people that are the problem not the government.....

but I do take your point and agree it is frightening...

VLD.

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Remember when there was a US President who could take criticism, and speak eloquently about a complex subject?

Imagine a world where the most intelligent people were in charge? What an idea.

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If those uppity black people would just sit down, shut up, and let the police murder them, things would be fine. Got it.

No you haven't got it at all .The local black community of the towns destroyed by rioting are appalled by the wanton damage to THEIR community.

You should probably stop watching CNN.

You do know they have a political agenda don't you?

VLD.

When i was in boston staying with my friends after a few hours catching up. My friends fiance sat us down and said i want to have a word with you about something.

I was like sure. He was like i know you guys in the uk might be not use to this but whats your opinion on guns? He said tk me i have some of you feel uncomfortable i will move them so you cant see them. I was like  na im kool. 

This guy one of the nicest guys i know has THREE guns. One was a AK47 i was like jesus would you actually use that on someone? He was like sure if they break into my home im blowing their head off.

Then we just went back to normal like nothing happened! Crazy place the states

10 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Sorry Stevo,  there is a little joke in there somewhere mate....

😏

VLD.

There was me thinking we’d actually manage a serious exchange. 

never mind

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When i was in boston staying with my friends after a few hours catching up. My friends fiance sat us down and said i want to have a word with you about something.

I was like sure. He was like i know you guys in the uk might be not use to this but whats your opinion on guns? He said tk me i have some of you feel uncomfortable i will move them so you cant see them. I was like  na im kool. 

This guy one of the nicest guys i know has THREE guns. One was a AK47 i was like jesus would you actually use that on someone? He was like sure if they break into my home im blowing their head off.

Then we just went back to normal like nothing happened! Crazy place the states

More likes than a naked picture of Michelle Keegan.

Â