Pre match thread

Arj Guy

With this line up he has made a rod for his own back. Lose and I've no doubt whatsoever that the crowd will turn in him.

d2939685-89c3-46fb-b943-cf912a9397c5.png

The BBC has done their research as per usual.

**** me! The bbc gets more embarrassing by the day. That really is poor, veretout wide left and Crespo wide right? They could at least try and make it look like they know what they are doing!

against stoke and their tactics i think hes right as grealish and gil arnt really going to get a foot in and we need to stop conceding then go on from there, id rather keep a clean sheet for a few games before tinkering gung ho and having player confidence rock bottom

Like they said on SSN. This Stoke team is not a team of big grafters anymore. This is a team that like to play on the floor and pass about. Ideal for Gil and Grealish.

Personally, I think it's quite telling that Stoke have left out Van Ginkel, Ireland and Afellay/Joselu.  This is a powerful Stoke team (Whelan, Walters, Arnatovic and Diouf ffs) so having Gil and Grealish not starting is understandable.

I think that one of them should be starting the game, though.  I can't see the creative spark in our lineup at all - but I'm looking forward to seeing Crespo playing.  He looked potentially alright in the brief pre-season showing.

d2939685-89c3-46fb-b943-cf912a9397c5.png

The BBC has done their research as per usual.

Better than the Sky Sports app, they have him up front! Do they think it's Hernan Jorge?

Really?? That's brilliant 

Edited by KHV

If we can keep it tight and not concede, bombard the box with crosses for Rudy we might knick a goal. Amavi will play quite high up the pitch with Crespo able to defend the left back position when needed. Then bring on the cavalry in the second half.

Well well well what an idiot a total moron time to go tim time to go that is unforgivable i am not behind you one bit i love the club you are incapable.

The other day i said no containment attack attack attack and you do this to us.

Does anyone want this to fail i do dont want him thinking he is clever hes a muppet.

My selection would of been

Guzan

Hutton    richards   clark    amavi

Gana     sanchez

Gil          veretout   grealish

Gestede

I wasnt close appauling selection from him TIM WERE AT HOME WAKE UP 

If we can keep it tight and not concede, bombard the box with crosses for Rudy we might knick a goal. Amavi will play quite high up the pitch with Crespo able to defend the left back position when needed. Then bring on the cavalry in the second half.

I think that's Tim's plan, but it could easily not work, if we go a goal down then there's nobody on the pitch to create the chances we'd need to get back in the game. Let's hope Rudy pulls a worldy out the bag.