The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

May is widely reported today to have set a 2019 date to resign.

Which of course means she'll now be even more of a lame duck PM and will almost certainly be out before the date she's set and the all the time between now and then will be taken up by ambitious Tories manoeuvring to put themselves in the position to take over.

She might be lucky and be remembered for a disastrous career.

Makes you wonder why she ever went for the job anyway.

Having called one dumb election, she new thinks she won't stay until the end of the term. Not exactly a master strategist. Usually, when somebody isn't a 'people person' they have some other strength. They have a skill that counters their lack of human warmth.

But nope, not here. Just a really poor calibre appointment. Don't get me wrong, I was never going to be a fanboy, but jeesh, she stinks.

But then I suppose when every potential candidate was a turd, it's a competition to see which turd you least dislike the smell of.

• Like 3

Leadsom is a nutter. It would be like Hyacinth Bucket in Downing Street, but far less funny.

May is evil, but it's an incompetent and somewhat logical evil - pure Tory, you can see the steps miles before she takes them, and she loves power. Leadsom is the kind of evil and stupid that thinks they've a God given right to be right and lead. 

• Like 3

May insists she's here long term and will contest the next election.

Anyone buying that? She's a lame duck waiting for the fall. The only ways she contests the next election is either if she called it next week or if the rest of the party decide to let her take the hit for the coming Brexit disaster.

Speaking of which, Hague has popped up and whinged about the Tories not winning the election and, totally not blaming the nation whilst blaming the nation, claims the coming disaster of Brexit is due to the Tories not winning.

...like the EU gives a **** about the PM and their majority.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

claims the coming disaster of Brexit is due to the Tories not winnin

I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to blame the nation for anything bad due to us not letting the Tories have a majority.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's got to the point, now, where the Brexity people are starting to apportion "blame" for things not going as swimmingly as they said they would on Brexit. Reality is beginning to hit home. That just because they wanted something doesn't mean it's true.

"The EU will roll over, because BMWs and Wine.." "Have our cake and eat it"..."Irish border - no problem"..."Trade deals with the rest of the world..."

Now it''s "EU Beaurocrats bein' all vindictive".... "Voters bin nasty"... "Labour bin nasty"...

It's only just started, it's going to turn into a right old blame fest as the massive pile of dung they've created starts to really start stinking.

You could see this coming from miles away. The ministers have been laying the ground work, getting the narratives rolling, for months.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't the prelude to a car crash.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's got to the point, now, where the Brexity people are starting to apportion "blame" for things not going as swimmingly as they said they would on Brexit. Reality is beginning to hit home. That just because they wanted something doesn't mean it's true.

"The EU will roll over, because BMWs and Wine.." "Have our cake and eat it"..."Irish border - no problem"..."Trade deals with the rest of the world..."

Now it''s "EU Beaurocrats bein' all vindictive".... "Voters bin nasty"... "Labour bin nasty"...

It's only just started, it's going to turn into a right old blame fest as the massive pile of dung they've created starts to really start stinking.

Not forgetting yesterdays "idea" to get a quick Free Trade Seal with Japan... We'll just copy the one the EU has nearly finished doing... erm better trade deals have turned into the same trade deals. Hope Liam Fox has got enough credits for the photocopy machine and some Tippex

Another prized trade deal with India will take ages and there will have to be huge concessions on immigration if that's ever to take place. That's going to have all the swivel eyed imaginary jackboot wearing numpties up in arms, or their right arm stiffly raised skywards. I think they'd prefer Eastern Europeans

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to blame the nation for anything bad due to us not letting the Tories have a majority.

It hasn't - Rees-Mogg was on telly doing it within six hours of the exit poll.

Edited by ml1dch

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Not forgetting yesterdays "idea" to get a quick Free Trade Seal with Japan... We'll just copy the one the EU has nearly finished doing... erm better trade deals have turned into the same trade deals.... 

You're being inordinately kind, there, Bicks. The morphing from "we'll be free to negotiate our own trade deals" and "we can negotiate much more speedily than the EU" has now become "We'll wait until after the EU has negotiated what it wants and then we'll come along and ask if "please sir, can we have what they're having?" as our starting point. Brave, Independent, Influential Brexit Britain. Three cheers for the Queen. Three cheers for disgraced former minister Liam Fox, and three cheers for his special friend Adam Werrity. Rule Brittania!

• Like 3

find /eu_laws/ -iname '*.txt' -exec sed -i 's/European Union/United Kingdom/g' {} \;

They don't need a repeal bill or executive powers now and they can probably do without a £2m IT contract to rewrite documents.

• Haha 2

Young Conservative group Activate suggest gassing 'chavs'

On a private WhatsApp group. 

The WhatsApp group below was used by young Conservatives as a precursor to the new ‘Tory Momentum’ group Activate. Unfortunately it descended into stupid college students joking about gassing chavs.

whatsapp1.png?resize=540%2C764&ssl=1

Other young and foolish members of the WhatsApp group suggested “chavocide” and “running medical experiments” on chavs.

whatsapp2.jpg?resize=540%2C437&ssl=1

Older and wiser hands then told them to pack it in or else the messages might “come up on Guido”.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

May insists she's here long term and will contest the next election.

Anyone buying that? She's a lame duck waiting for the fall. The only ways she contests the next election is either if she called it next week or if the rest of the party decide to let her take the hit for the coming Brexit disaster.

Speaking of which, Hague has popped up and whinged about the Tories not winning the election and, totally not blaming the nation whilst blaming the nation, claims the coming disaster of Brexit is due to the Tories not winning.

...like the EU gives a **** about the PM and their majority.

Absolutely no chance, unless Brexit turns out to be incredibly seamlessly brilliant.  So yeah, absolutely no chance.  Even if she does intend to go she can't come out and say it, so nothing to see here.  It'll be 2019/20 when she goes and one of the younger lot will take over I reckon.

35 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Absolutely no chance, unless Brexit turns out to be incredibly seamlessly brilliant.  So yeah, absolutely no chance.  Even if she does intend to go she can't come out and say it, so nothing to see here.  It'll be 2019/20 when she goes and one of the younger lot will take over I reckon.

Oh I reckon something will happen before that, I can see her losing her majority at some point, a few months more of these Incompetent Brexit talks and cracks which are already becoming public will widen very quickly. Soubry et al, will break ranks at some point in order to be true to their words. She's the main mouthpiece right now but there will be others behind her, the government will fall and it'll be hilarious if May is still in charge but it'll be equally hilarious if they boot her out as soon as they realise an election will have to be called.

8 hours ago, bickster said:

The bloke in charge of Activate, here he is in a video for a former youth movement of the Tory Party. 

Warning: please have a surgeon on stand-by, your sides may need his skillz

i

I refuse to believe this isn't a deleted scene from The Day Today.

• Like 3

Â