The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

This is no back up for the useless Tories, but can someone explain in there idealistic world how these migrants coming over on boats and other possible illegal means, can recover the shortage of labour in the UK? I mean most cannot speak a word of English, are not cultured, maybe have no passports or I.D, an probably have no real skill set to suit these available jobs.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

This is no back up for the useless Tories, but can someone explain in there idealistic world how these migrants coming over on boats and other possible illegal means, can recover the shortage of labour in the UK? I mean most cannot speak a word of English, are not cultured, maybe have no passports or I.D, an probably have no real skill set to suit these available jobs.

The unemployment numbers are quite high, I don't think anyone would claim that refugees are fixing the problem.

What isn't an entirely unreasonable idea is that instead of constantly moaning that they're a bunch of scroungers, and leaving them to manage on a few quid a day, where they do have the communication skills and ability to do a job, we could let them work and pay taxes. Plenty of other countries do this, We've specifically chosen to ban them from working.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Its terrible what 13 years of Tory power had done. 

• No NHS dentists
  • Waiting times for doctors appointments longer than ever
  • Waiting times for surgeries ridiculous 
  • Councils declared bankrupt 
  • Cuts in public services
  • Rent prices out of control
  • Mortgages high 
  • The rise in people relying on food banks 
  • Record number of homeless people, people In emergency accommodation. Living in cars tents etc
  • Lack of social housing 
  • Food prices
  • Energy prices ridiculous 

You can keep going on.  Whst actually have they achieved. 

Lined their own pockets

50 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

you've spent a lot of time on the beaches speaking to those coming off the boats and made this determination on your own have you? or just presumed?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I changed our internet a couple of months ago to Comcast one of (if not the) largest providers. 

Technician texted 10 mins before he got here, early in the window that was promised. Had to really finagle some old cables and even went into our crawl space (no basement) which isn't fun. I offered to help but he said "no problem of course I can do it." Left the place clean and no issues. He'd been in the country for 3 months from Ukraine. Already he (and his wife) were working for good companies making decent coin and doing a good job. Immigration can be a great thing for everyone. 

I just kept saying f**k Putin which he most definitely agreed with.

Comon chap, we are talking about different people. I'd be shocked if any of the migrants that come over on boats could be fitting Sky TV in less than 3 months. Even if we brought them over like the Ukrainians, I still wouldn't bet they would be in a skilled job very quick.

Does anybody even know any of the afganistan people brought over after the war in a skilled job?

Again I'm ceratinly not sticking up for the Tories, but it just seems like an impossible job the way they are coming over the channel.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Comon chap, we are talking about different people

I know you are.

Ukrainians are white Christians, therefore Good Immigrants, deserving of our sympathy. 

The other sort, however... 

Amirite? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I know you are.

Ukrainians are white Christians, therefore Good Immigrants, deserving of our sympathy. 

The other sort, however... 

Amirite? 

Ahh, you want to turn to that narrative, on a nice chilled Christmas eve, well sorry 'mate', I'm not biting.

Unfortunately, there is a difference and you know it.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Ahh, you want to turn to that narrative, on a nice chilled Christmas eve, well sorry 'mate', I'm not biting.

Unfortunately, there is a difference and you know it.

As you say, it's Christmas. Let's pretend they're all human beings, shall we? 

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Does anybody even know any of the afganistan people brought over after the war in a skilled job?

didn't take long to find at all. there are others.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/local-hubs/shrewsbury/2022/04/15/former-migrant-slams-governments-boat-people-rwanda-plan/

Dr Arian came to the UK at 15 and was told he should become a taxi driver. But he had bigger ambitions.

Against the odds, he was accepted to read medicine at Cambridge University, Imperial College and Harvard, and went on to become a doctor in the NHS. But he wanted to do more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Comon chap, we are talking about different people. I'd be shocked if any of the migrants that come over on boats could be fitting Sky TV in less than 3 months. Even if we brought them over like the Ukrainians, I still wouldn't bet they would be in a skilled job very quick.

Again I'm ceratinly not sticking up for the Tories, but it just seems like an impossible job the way they are coming over the channel.

You're the one presuming that the people coming over on boats have no skills. I've definitely read plenty of examples of people coming over on boats being often highly skilled and educated. The amount of people displaced in Syria and Afganistan and so on who have a lot to offer and who had good lives before being forced to flee just like the Ukrainians is huge. Your comment just makes it seem like you think people from certain countries don't get educated, which if you actually look into things seems to be very wide of the mark.

• Like 2

The absurdity that the criteria for a 'good refugee' is 'someone who can install Sky within 3 months of landing'. The implication that those from outside Europe can't do that is also absurd. These comments don't come across very well, and maybe we should all just be happy that our country isn't getting bombed to shit in this festive period.

• Like 2

Haha.  This foreveryoung dude!  The transparency is beautiful.  Heres something to shove down your dirty uncultured throat.  The assistant that helped my dentist fit an implant is......  one of those uncultured Afghans you haven't met.  Merry Xmas

Â