The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Hmmm, so have they delayed it so they can 

1) Do as much good stuff as they can to try and sway the public to vote for them, or

2) One last massive raid of public money  and contracts before they are turfed out?

I wonder.

• Like 1

Every tory MP that isn’t found guilty of sex pesting gets another 9 or 10 months salary, so a minimum of £65,000 for the lowest no mark MP you’ve never heard of that carries no extra duties or committees or titles.

When they inevitably lose that seat next September or October, they get a minimum 50% annual salary severance pay, so another £43,000 happily this is a tax free lump sum.

MP’s are then entitled to double the statutory redundancy package.

So from today to an election in the autumn, the absolute minimum a losing tory MP can pocket is over £100,000.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

there’s something about that ‘youth’ demographic I can’t quite put my finger on…

At last I can call myself a youth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another 10 months of these ghouls and thieves trying to find cultural wedge issues to get more and more people angry at strangers and scared of shadows.

What do we want? Broadly similar policies packaged in a less aggressive manner where we don’t feel those policies are thinly veiled ways for an inner clique of politicians to further monetise their positions of power at the expense of our country’s infrastructure, culture, and future prospects.

When do we want them? Now!

21 hours ago, bickster said:

Late October / early November more likely as it has a couple of advantages, extra party conference to spout bollocks and it suppresses the 18-21 vote

That's been the working plan for at least the last 6 months at party HQ from what I've been led to believe. This was always the date(s) they were looking at so the suggestion that they've changed their minds has to be taken with a pinch of salt. 

More time to line their pockets while breaking as much as they can so they can blame Labour for the mess they minute they're in. 

F*** me, a Tory resigning on principal. Chris Skidmore to quit as an MP ASAP in protest at the decision to issue for oil and gas licences.

His seat was being abolished under the review anyway (Kingswood, Gloucestershire) good luck finding a candidate for that by-election

1 hour ago, bickster said:

F*** me, a Tory resigning on principal. Chris Skidmore to quit as an MP ASAP in protest at the decision to issue for oil and gas licences.

His seat was being abolished under the review anyway (Kingswood, Gloucestershire) good luck finding a candidate for that by-election

The gas and oil licences were agreed months ago… why did he all of a sudden gain a conscience? I smell a rat.

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

The gas and oil licences were agreed months ago… why did he all of a sudden gain a conscience? I smell a rat.

The floods give him a chance to look progressive for another crack later.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Final vote is Monday I think

For the sake of clarity, he was already stepping down anyway and his seat is being abolished at the next election so he's just jumping early for max embarrassment for Sunak and to give him the gift of a bye-election for an utterly pointless seat

50 minutes ago, Xann said:

The floods give him a chance to look progressive for another crack later.

To be fair to him, he’s been quite vocal in his criticism of Tory energy / net zero policy since they changed it. He’s one of the Green Tories of the Cameron 2010 intake.

Sunak’s ‘plan’ for 2024 appears to be more face to face meetings with the public, getting out a few times a week soapboxing.

An interesting tactic, when all the evidence the public like him less every time he meets the public.

We’ll soon be rid of these thieves.

Â