The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I love the 2 first paragraphs on the BBC’s story

link

How can you be honest and also admit lying about the same thing?

Honestly, she was lying. And lying about being honest. 

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I love the 2 first paragraphs on the BBC’s story

link

How can you be honest and also admit lying about the same thing?

She was honest with the government and lied to the media. You don’t know what she told the government ;) 

Edit: She could for example have said to the government, I'm gonna buy shit loads of cheap non-useable PPE from China and make shitloads of money, anyone else up for it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

She was honest with the government and lied to the media. You don’t know what she told the government ;) 

Edit: She could for example have said to the government, I'm gonna buy shit loads of cheap non-useable PPE from China and make shitloads of money, anyone else up for it?

I realise she lied to the media, but I thought it was reinforcing lies to the government that she wasn’t gaining from the deals (which I assumed was against the rules).

If the government knew all along, and it’s not against the rules then shame on the government for letting it happen.

Why did the government let the story run and run then if they knew all along?

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Every 2-3 days for years on end there’s some kind of scandal surrounding the government themselves. Its relentless. Its never been like this before this lot has it?

It's hard to understand when a solid bloke like Boris Johnson was voted into the top job. Who could see all this happening? 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

It's hard to understand when a solid bloke like Boris Johnson was voted into the top job. Who could see all this happening? 

I bet he’s a laugh at the pub though, sorta makes it all worth it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

I bet he’s a laugh at the pub though, sorta makes it all worth it.

Yeah. And his hair is absolutely mad. Was funny on Have I Got News For You too. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

gaining from the deals (which I assumed was against the rules).

If the government knew all along, and it’s not against the rules then shame on the government for letting it happen

I’m fairly confident not making money was never part of the deal. Profit from chaos and all that.

Oh have you heard the one about the £40mil a year helicopter contract that Ben Wallace as Defence Secretary was cancelling?
It might come as a bit of a shock but it was the helicopter squadron that ferries around Sunak and other ministers.

It suddenly got uncancelled when Grant Whateverhisnameisthisweek took over the role

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No law against losing your phone twice is there?

Wouldn’t matter, this whole factory reset and lost phone nonsense needs to be called out. Get yourself a new phone, hell even just delete whatsapp and then reinstall it. Did those WhatsApp’s suddenly magically reappear? I'm guessing they probably are, the messages are held by Meta and not the device

Have any journos pointed this out yet?

• Like 1

Something else to thank the Tories for

Link

To think some people will still vote for them.

NHS dentistry as we know it 'gone for good'

The traditional model of NHS dentistry is gone for good, experts are warning. 

The Nuffield Trust think tank said the service had been cut back so much it was now at the most perilous position in its 75-year history in England.

It said restoring services would probably need an unrealistic amount of money and called for radical reform, suggesting NHS support may need to be completely scaled back for some adults.

12 hours ago, bickster said:

Wouldn’t matter, this whole factory reset and lost phone nonsense needs to be called out. Get yourself a new phone, hell even just delete whatsapp and then reinstall it. Did those WhatsApp’s suddenly magically reappear? I'm guessing they probably are, the messages are held by Meta and not the device

This does my head in. Unless specifically instructed to delete the messages they will all be sat in a data center somewhere.  With end to end encryption Meta should genuinely not be able to read the messages themselves so technically cannot hand over the conversations even if they should wish to do so.  In this case as the access to the messages was apparently inadvertently lost, then retrieval should in theory be done with the permission of the owner of the data and the process will not be contentious at all. Just activate the account on any device and any undeleted messages will be there.

Of course we know the loss was not really inadvertent, but at least we could move the conversation on to the destruction or deliberate concealment of the evidence rather than pretending this obvious BS has any credibility.

I'm confused why they have not asked Meta to retrieve the account and cannot understand at all why any journalists have not asked about this.

Correct me if I am wrong, the issue I found previously when moving from iPhone to Android and vice versa, there wasn't a way to restore a Whatsapp backup. I think its been resolved now but a couple of years ago there wasn't a simple way. If I was being generous to the words removed in the commons, it could be that this might be the case. Obviously a screenshot of a previously "lost" message means that this isn't the case but a possibility is the moving of phones.

13 hours ago, bickster said:

I don't think this is accurate. Might be that backups are enabled by default these days (which certainly wasn't the case a few years ago), but you do need to have backups enabled and stored somewhere other than your device

https://faq.whatsapp.com/618575946635920/?helpref=faq_content&cms_platform=android

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

Â