The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Seriously, who runs their social media account?  With the IMF reports today why did they possibly think this was a good idea.  Do they not realise people read the comments?

They are monumentally stupid, or just taking the piss. Maybe both.

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Seriously, who runs their social media account?  With the IMF reports today why did they possibly think this was a good idea.  Do they not realise people read the comments?

Nobody has accused the Conservatives of having their finger on the pulse of the nation for quite sometime

They still think this is a vote winner and to be fair for 20ish percent of the country it still is. For 60% of the country it really isn't but those are the margins they are playing with. Most of the missing 20% also despise them

Though the way they are running the NHS into the ground, a lot of that group will be dead prematurely

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Still trying to rehabilitate himself. This just enrages me so much

I know that 99.9% of the comments will be calling him a word removed. 

Edit: looks like most people going with liar (or words to that effect).

Edited by Genie

I'm so **** fed up of these relentless bullshitters conflating the vaccine rollout with Brexit

As well as BJ doing it above, the Roads Minister (forget his name, don't give enough of a toss about the moron to look it up) tried it on LBC yesterday

To Ferrari's credit, he pulled him up on it, and said we definitely could have done exactly the same without Brexit, and the retort was that we could have, but there'd have been too much political pressure; i.e., without Brexit, the government would have been too weak and cowardly to follow the same vaccine approach. That's the case for the defence, is it? 

• Like 1

His rise was in part due to his absolute shamelessness.

Anyone else, in 2023, having their word doubted against Putin’s would realise they are humiliated. Not that thieving lying bag of fart. He just trundles on spewing more spunk and shite.

• Like 2

On 26/01/2023 at 22:49, bickster said:

It's not just him either, there are others. Carol Vorderman has moved rather rapidly from Tory voting TV number cruncher to Anti-Tory corruption campaigner - far more people will pay attention to what she's saying than the mockney Scotsman too

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This line about supporting everybody with £900 towards their energy bills is a massive lie.

That £900 is there to support energy companies in a market where their customers can't afford to pay the rates they want to charge. 

The way he should be supporting people with bills is by placing limits on the charge rates of gas companies and taxing their profits.

Instead, he's borrowing money from banks on our behalf and saddling us with debt in order to give it back to energy companies in an inflated market, for the profit they generate for those banks.

It's a con.

But the £900 is  a cost of living payment for those on Universal Credit and Pension credit and has nothing to do with energy companies. It is paid directly into peoples bank accounts.  unless I am missing your point of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

But the £900 is  a cost of living payment for those on Universal Credit and Pension credit and has nothing to do with energy companies. It is paid directly into peoples bank accounts.  unless I am missing your point of course. 

Yeah. Every household gets £400 quid from the Gov't towards their energy bills. But it's not supporting the energy (distributor) companies - they're not making big profits, indeed a load of them went bust because of the price cap limiting what they could charge to below the cost price to them of gas on the market in 2020. Gas drilling companies and Energy generating companies, on the other hand...

Â