The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Well also, Mark Oaten was a more senior figure in his own party (Shadow Home Affairs spokesman), and he had been paying for sex, whereas Barker had no frontbench brief, and was having an affair with a man.

It still shouldn't have been a big deal, but it was a more obviously tabloid friendly story.

And the Lib Dems are massive hypocrites who will happily get rid of someone for stuff like this if they think it'll damage their chances of winning a byelection somewhere.

Sure, all of that. He was also a leadership candidate, so all quite newsy. 

Even so, I think the broader point that the media is quite happy to add more coal to keep an existing fire burning rather than making the effort to light a new one is still one that stands true.

• Like 1

Hasn't Braverman recently changed some rules that mean parental residence isn't necessary enough to ensure you can be a citizen even if you've been here for forty years?

Anyway, the dream ending to this is that Braverman deports him and he's arrested on arrival wherever he ends up.

Nadine Dorries will host a new weekly news show and her first guest will be former prime minister Boris Johnson.

Her new programme, called ‘Friday Night with Nadine’, will air on TalkTV each Friday at 8pm and will include news, politics, sports and culture.

Her interview with Mr Johnson will be aired during her first show on February 3, with Ms Dorries hinting she’ll be pressing him on a whole range of issues. 

Metro

I wonder exactly where she'll be pressing him? 

15 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

It now turns out that Rishi may have been using Covid and his powers to make himself and his already ridiculously rich wife even richer.

I mean this would be the least surprising news of all time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You could replace the word “Rishi” with “the Tory Party” and it would be better aligned to reality. The boss opened the gates and let everyone grab as much cash as they could hold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It would actually be pretty surprising. Whatever you think of Sunak as a PM, we haven’t seen any credible indication at all that he’s corrupt. He’s so unbelievably rich already… why would he bother?

As I said on a previous page, the claim that UK over-ordered Moderna to line his pockets is contradicted by EU and US ordering a higher % of Moderna vaccines in their mix.

It’s a load of nonsense.

Whacky left conspiracy theories get in the way of holding these guys to account for all the genuine evil corrupt stuff they do.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It would actually be pretty surprising. Whatever you think of Sunak as a PM, we haven’t seen any credible indication at all that he’s corrupt. He’s so unbelievably rich already… why would he bother?

As I said on a previous page, the claim that UK over-ordered Moderna to line his pockets is contradicted by EU and US ordering a higher % of Moderna vaccines in their mix.

It’s a load of nonsense.

Whacky left conspiracy theories get in the way of holding these guys to account for all the genuine evil corrupt stuff they do.

Being rich is an unlikely reason not to be greedy. I thinks it’s actually more likely.

Look at Ronaldo for example. Sold his soul and his legacy at United for something he already has ludicrous amounts of.

Rich people are greedy.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Being rich is an unlikely reason not to be greedy. I thinks it’s actually more likely.

Look at Ronaldo for example. Sold his soul and his legacy at United for something he already has ludicrous amounts of.

Rich people are greedy.

Lots of people are greedy, rich and poor. But I was talking about corruption

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Lots of people are greedy, rich and poor. But I was talking about corruption

Ok fair enough.

I think vast majority of the raiding of the public’s bank account was sanctioned by his boss at the time.

23 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It’s a load of nonsense.

I wouldn't be surprised, in the slightest, if Rishi had used Covid in some way to line his own pockets.

I agree the story is bollocks, and it's unlikely. But I still wouldn't be surprised

• Like 1

The Tories' biggest hope for the next election was that Sunak (who incredibly, was pretty popular amongst the public) would drag the dismal ratings for the party up a bit closer to his own, relatively positive ratings.

So that went well. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here's a dilemma. Who do you believe?

Boris Johnson says Putin threatened to kill him with a missile strike.

Russia obviously denies this.

Tough one.

I’m leaning towards Putin on this one.

If he genuinely told a NATO world leader he was going go kill him then it would have been even stupider than the planning of his invasion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m leaning towards Putin on this one.

If he genuinely told a NATO world leader he was going go kill him then it would have been even stupider than the planning of his invasion. 

i dont know I think it might have made him more popular

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was this one of Johnson’s unrecorded off the record get togethers? Or is there an official record?

If there is no official record, then it didn’t happen. 

In other news, I’m reading the Boy Who Cried Wolf and Definitely Didn’t Have Lots of Kids, and Parties, and Loans, and Late Night Disturbances and Was Shagging His Current Wife Whilst Still Married to His Ex Wife Who Had Cancer.

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here's a dilemma. Who do you believe?

Boris Johnson says Putin threatened to kill him with a missile strike.

Russia obviously denies this.

Tough one.

You know those riddles where there’s one guy who can only tell the truth and one that can only tell a lie?

I’d believe the guy who can only tell a lie before I believe Boris Johnson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

In other news, I’m reading the Boy Who Cried Wolf and Definitely Didn’t Have Lots of Kids, and Parties, and Loans, and Late Night Disturbances and Was Shagging His Current Wife Whilst Still Married to His Ex Wife Who Had Cancer.

I'm reading the sequel which is Shagging an American Far Right Grifter and Giving Her Pots of Cash Whilst Living with My Future Wife and Mother of My Latest Future Maintenance Payments. There May Also be a Japanese Violinist in here too.

• Like 1

Â