The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

The Tories' biggest hope for the next election was that Sunak (who incredibly, was pretty popular amongst the public) would drag the dismal ratings for the party up a bit closer to his own, relatively positive ratings.

So that went well. 

Turns out there wasn't much substance behind the guy who only got a gig in frontline politics because he was a spineless word removed who'd let No10 dictate who his staff were. Shocked.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No matter how long Sunak manages to hang on, he’ll be hard pressed to beat asking a man in a homeless shelter if he’s in business.

You can’t say something stupid on camera if you’re hiding in a fridge!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Here's a dilemma. Who do you believe?

Boris Johnson says Putin threatened to kill him with a missile strike.

Russia obviously denies this.

Tough one.

Both of them telling the broad truth. Putin apparently said "I could get you with a missile within a minute, but I don't want to".

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is pretty funny considering it’s a company he helped setup, and the profits from which he didn’t pay tax due.

The bit I don't understand is...

Did Zahawi sell his shares in YouGov to his Dad or were they held in a blind trust? (I've heard both) and if it's the former as previously claimed, why was he receiving profits from YouGov?

So, the Johnson Loan / Richard Sharp BBC appointment enquiry.....

The head of an investigation into Richard Sharp’s appointment as the BBC chair has recused himself from the process, admitting the pair have met several times.

William Shawcross, the commissioner for public appointments, said an independent person would be selected by his office to look at Sharp’s hiring, and said he would “play no part in this particular investigation”.

The admission showed up the “cosy relationships” under scrutiny and gave greater urgency to the need to find out the truth about Sharp’s appointment, said Labour.

Shawcross stepped back from the role a week after it was confirmed he would investigate Sharp, who allegedly helped Boris Johnson secure a loan of up to £800,000 weeks before he was recommended for the job of BBC chair by the then prime minister.

Guardian

It took him an entire week to work out that he actually knew Richard Sharp

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is the investigation into whether Boris lied to the house still going? 

Yep - Johnson spending taxpayer money on defending himself. Rumours that the oral evidence will be heard soon though cannot find anything confirming that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

Yep - Johnson spending taxpayer money on defending himself. Rumours that the oral evidence will be heard soon though cannot find anything confirming that. 

Starting in March, and all televised. Looking forward to getting all that dragged back out again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's astounding that there are clearly still big chunks of the Conservative party that think Boris could come back and turn this around in time for the next election.

Major's government were drowning in sleaze and the Tories had been in power way too long by '92. Yet they still won the election. Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

No matter how long Sunak manages to hang on, he’ll be hard pressed to beat asking a man in a homeless shelter if he’s in business.

That’s an example of him getting kippered by the media. The bloke had raised the subject of businesses taxes with Sunak, telling him to cut them, so it wasn’t that unreasonable to ask the bloke if he was in business. Homelessness isn’t restricted to only certain occupations or career choices. It might have been worded a bit better, but not knowing how to pay for petrol, for a borrowed car and getting fined for not wearing a seatbelt and going on about Mexican Coke…

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

That’s an example of him getting kippered by the media. The bloke had raised the subject of businesses taxes with Sunak, telling him to cut them, so it wasn’t that unreasonable to ask the bloke if he was in business. Homelessness isn’t restricted to only certain occupations or career choices. It might have been worded a bit better, but not knowing how to pay for petrol, for a borrowed car and getting fined for not wearing a seatbelt and going on about Mexican Coke…

I both agree, and couldn’t care less.

I’ll take whatever I’m handed in getting rid of these people.

• Like 2

Â