The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

On 3/12/2017 at 15:05, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

You might as well roll back on a policy than deliver a failed one; such as the 1 for 1 replacement on 'right to buy' which was an awful promise.

How about, you know, properly researching the viability of a policy before throwing it out there willy nilly in order to win a few cheap and easy votes?

Mad concept I know. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How about, you know, properly researching the viability of a policy before throwing it out there willy nilly in order to win a few cheap and easy votes?

Mad concept I know. 

Well yes, obviously, but when was the last time any political party did that! Even the Lib Dems were guilty of that and they didn't consider themselves all that powerful! 

I'd rather have a party who says. 'yup this isn't working' and makes changes than sticks to failure for the sake of its electorate or media spin.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

3 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Well yes, obviously, but when was the last time any political party did that! Even the Lib Dems were guilty of that and they didn't consider themselves all that powerful! 

I'd rather have a party who says. 'yup this isn't working' and makes changes than sticks to failure for the sake of its electorate or media spin.

They all scrap policies left, right and centre (pun intended) the second they're in power. There is nothing new there either and nothing to be 'applauded'. 

They either didn't think it through or they lied. I am going for the latter. Either way, giving them a slap on the back for it seems a bit naive to me. 

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Talking of climbdowns, the Beeb is reporting that Hammond is just about to announce that they've dropped the NI increase.

The media have become their only viable opposition it seems. Pathetic. The Labour Party should hang their head in shame.

Also the Tories because what's the point in being a Tory if you're not going to kick the plebs while they're down? 

39 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Talking of climbdowns, the Beeb is reporting that Hammond is just about to announce that they've dropped the NI increase.

have they said where the extra £2bn of social care funding will now come from instead , or does that quietly get forgotten about now ?

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

... the Tories because what's the point in being a Tory if you're not going to kick the plebs while they're down? 

There's still the nest feathering, the sneering and the back stabbing to be getting on with to pass the time..

46 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It wasn't 'coming' from the change to NI anyway.

Sky news have said other wise in their article about it ...

The increase was supposed to raise the £2bn Mr Hammond pledged for social care, leaving the Chancellor with a blackhole to fill.

though of course it is sky news ....

Â