The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Traditionally its the Labour vote that is supposed to be shy of bad weather

That widely-held belief may once have had a grain of truth - but it dates from the 1950s & 60s. 

The logic used to run: 

Working class people usually vote Labour, but rarely own cars (with which to drive to the polling station in the rain). 

Middle class people usually vote Conservative, and tend to own cars (with which to drive to the polling station in the rain). 

That whole scenario is utterly outdated (and arguably reversed) nowadays. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That Lee Anderson’s a bright chap isn’t he.

Inflation down means we have more money.

He can’t be that thick?? So he must be thinking he can blatantly lie and think he’ll get away with it.

I’m not sure what is more dangerous tbh.

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

That Lee Anderson’s a bright chap isn’t he.

Inflation down means we have more money.

12 hours ago, Genie said:

He can’t be that thick?? So he must be thinking he can blatantly lie and think he’ll get away with it.

I've said this before but it's scary how many people believe that inflation decreasing means prices go down.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Genie said:

I don't think he's that thick (although he's certainly not intelligent).  However a lot of the people he appeals to and who's vote he is hoping to swing are that thick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't think he's that thick (although he's certainly not intelligent).  However a lot of the people he appeals to and who's vote he is hoping to swing are that thick.

He’s had hundreds of people reply to tell him he’s wrong, and Twitter has tagged it as being false, yet the tweet remains.

It’s certainly deliberate.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, will87 said:

Prices have gone up over the 12 month period obviously, but CPI for the month of November was -0.2%, so prices have gone down since October.

Are you saying the CPI was 0.2% or you believe it went down 0.2%? I thought it was 4.2% with a month on month reduction of .5%

To expand, the ONS, the official government body for statistics report

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices

• The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rose by 3.9% in the 12 months to November 2023, down from 4.6% in October. 

• On a monthly basis, CPI fell by 0.2% in November 2023, compared with a rise of 0.4% in November 2022. 

• Thanks 1

Fantastic explanation on the radio this morning about their change of mind on the salary needed for a visa.

It was £18k, they were changing it to £38k, now it might be £29k for an introductory period, then it might be phased or might be going up to the full £38k at some point in the future they are yet to determine.

This change, it was explained, was to offer people consistency.

Well, consistently out of their depth, incompetent, and changing their own rules, yes.

As much as you don’t want to be in the back of a crashing car, it does have a perverse level of enjoyment now.

• Like 1

Visa rule will be implemented in 2025 now Sunak recons. Yeah, that's not really going to be up to you at that point is it.

Policy on the fly to keep Jenick in post who then resigns anyway. Literally no one wants this and he's still found a way to get attacked rowing it back. What a **** idiot. 

This whole series of events is proper **** out there! I don't know if even Truss would have gone for this. It's hilarious in that if you don't laugh you'll cry way.

Very few people in this country earn £38k. 

Wages have been suppressed for years now. Heard an advert on the radio about joining the Police, with salaries starting at £27k! Yeah, no thanks. I could get £24k pulling pints full time on the minimum wage next year. 

Â