The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, Jon said:

I think she's mentally ill.  

Playing to the gallery more like. She knows exactly what she’s doing and why (I wanna be leader). And it’ll probably work for her. It’s basically only throbbers now who support the Tories, so she’s appealing to the throbber community.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, blandy said:

Playing to the gallery more like. She knows exactly what she’s doing and why (I wanna be leader). And it’ll probably work for her. It’s basically only throbbers now who support the Tories, so she’s appealing to the throbber community.

Indeed. Some talk that it would probably lead to a legal challenge on ECHR grounds, so it just opens another avenue of "vote for me to be leader and I'll stop the horrid foreigns from telling us what we can and can't do".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has anyone been sent to Rwanda yet? and how much have we spent on this project so far? 

They're all on their way there on that Ferry - "HMS Legionnaires disease" aren't they?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

"But the Small boats" isn't working any more. People don't think they need protection from "woke". Who is the next target on the list?

Small boats from here on in, isn't it?

Just different waves: economic, weaponised via Putin and friends, plus the folks fleeing wars and random acts of climate warp.

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Just when you thought that evil bitch Braverman couldn't stoop any lower she now wants to restrict tents for rough sleepers, and make it an offence for charities to supply them, implying that rough sleeping is a lifestyle choice. The Tories have overseen a huge increase in homelessness since 2010 due to their polices and then they come up with this. 

I wonder how this will play with their ever dwindling supporters. The narrative will be around some of those sleeping rough being from abroad when the facts are more of those sleeping rough will be veterans. 

they're mostly foreigners on the streets anyway apparently, so of course it's OK:

The Conservative party is facing claims that a former chairman wrote to police because he was concerned that allegations of rape against an MP had not been properly dealt with. 

Sir Jake Berry told police one alleged victim was receiving support paid for by the Conservative Party, according to a letter published in the Mail on Sunday. 

The MP has not been named.

BBC

17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

they're mostly foreigners on the streets anyway apparently, so of course it's OK:

What utter bollocks that tweet by SB is.

If the UK was so generous, why do we still have so many 'genuine' british homeless people living in shop door ways, sleeping on floors in empty offices etc.  🤨

Deluded ****!

49 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What utter bollocks that tweet by SB is.

If the UK was so generous, why do we still have so many 'genuine' british homeless people living in shop door ways, sleeping on floors in empty offices etc.  🤨

Deluded ****!

It’s never that simple to be honest. In Liverpool we have homeless shelters and charities that try to get the homeless into them but many refuse and they refuse because they don’t feel safe in them because what happens is that you end up in a situation where you have buildings full of people with mental illness and all the problems that entails. A lot of homeless people feel safer on the streets as a result.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is there any money or projects to get these people into proper accommodation? Or is it just stealing their tents? 

Tough love. Once they realise they can no longer laze around on pavements, they'll buck their ideas up and get themselves jobs as stockbrokers. Or slink off back to their mud huts in Bongo Bongo Land. Delete as applicable. 

• Like 1

Â