The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Nothing matters to them at all apart from clinging on to their jobs.

To be fair, they’ll have mortgages to pay and have you seen what’s happened to mortgage costs recently, due to the tories electing a libertarian fruitbat to be leader, to enact a load of widely publicised right wing economic lunatic policies which then crashed the economy. So those Tory MPs deserve our every sympathy as the completely innocent victims of Tory party incompetence, recklessness and bonkers ideology. I blame the nurses!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

the most popular Tory by a mile, he will get the nod because they are self serving morons.

I can’t see him getting enough MPs to support him to even get on the list. Sunak v Mordaunt I’d guess. Theoretically a third one could get on the list, but I doubt they will. Still, I thought early on last time that Mordaunt might win that one, so what do I know.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I can’t see him getting enough MPs to support him to even get on the list.

It'll come down to where the ERG throbbers put their votes. It's quite noticeable that in the confirmed supporters lists of supporters, the ERG throbbers are absent (JRM aside)

Do they go for one of their own in Mordor (Unity candidate my arse) or go with Johnson.

I have a sneaky feeling you are correct, they may go with Mordor but they do seem to be tactically holding back as a group. The likes of Malthouse, Cleverley, Francois, Baker, Duncan Smith et al haven't put their marker anywhere yet and you suspect they are negotiating behind the scenes

26 minutes ago, tinker said:

Unfortunately I have friends and family who are of the "Boris would do a better job" fraternity (caused more than one argument). 

He's the most popular Tory by a mile, he will get the nod because they are self serving morons. 

Sorry but your annecdotal evidence of knowing a few people that support Johnson isn't an indication of anything other than you knowing some idiots

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sorry but your annecdotal evidence of knowing a few people that support Johnson isn't an indication of anything other than you knowing some idiots

There's 15,188,406 of em , unfortunately. 

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You misunderstand. "Boris or bust" clearly indicates that he would be equally happy with Johnson or Mordaunt. 

Screenshot_2022-10-22-10-43-06-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Best pic in 1357 pages. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If they do go for someone else, I hope they continually ask Mogg why the party have chosen the “bust” option.

As he was around when they were inventing quote marks, you'd think he'd get them in the right place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was listening to radio program yesterday where a caller advised the way he views it is that Boris had received a yellow card in September and had been in the sin bin (like in Rugby) for a couple of months. His return now would be the equivalent of coming back onto the pitch with a clean slate clearing the way for him to drag us out of this mess. 

Even myself as a traditional Tory voter find this a little disturbing to say the least 🤯

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I was listening to radio program yesterday where a caller advised the way he views it is that Boris had received a yellow card in September and had been in the sin bin (like in Rugby) for a couple of months. His return now would be the equivalent of coming back onto the pitch with a clean slate clearing the way for him to drag us out of this mess. 

Even myself as a traditional Tory voter find this a little disturbing to say the least 🤯

And yet I saw plenty of Tories going insane cos Starmer had a curry. 

How likely is it that Boris could come back and then at Christmas be found in breach of all sorts of procedures by the enquiries that are currently going on and we have a situation where a Prime Minister is essentially 'sacked' from office for being a liar and a crook?

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How likely is it that Boris could come back and then at Christmas be found in breach of all sorts of procedures by the enquiries that are currently going on and we have a situation where a Prime Minister is essentially 'sacked' from office for being a liar and a crook?

Quite likely. The evidence is there by the sackful apparently, its just whether he can nobble the inquiry

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How are the public just accepting this? 

I'm surprised there's not been much more push back. 

We'll basically accept anything at this point. 

What makes you think the public has any choice in this?

There is a f***ton of pushback

There is no accept / decline on offer.

The TV/Radio media in particular are having a Jonsonathon right now but don't take that as any guide to puclic opinion. Public opinion from every properly conducted poll out there says they are against it.

Seriously people should stop listening to it, its bad for your health. I was listening to 5Live last night and it was call after call of Tories, 2/3rds of which where Johnson polishers, It was utterly infuriating and gave an absolutely incorrect picture of public opinion.

The media love to build him up just to smack him down and I genuinely think that is what some quarters of the press are up to

Â