The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Odds on Boris and a general election after?

I think sadly, a vote of no confidence, push to GE would either need the leader to g for it or for a large chunk of Tories to go for it as well. If they can unite behind someone you can guarantee that they will happy sitting pretty for 2 years to try and repair the damage and take their easy money for nodding along. 

If they can’t agree though, there will (hopefully) be complete collapse followed by a GE. 

When Truss resigned, it did cross my mind whether she would be THAT stupid to call a GE, which would have been utterly comical. Probably end up with most of the Tories voting against it!

8 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Probably written into the new leadership rules by the 1922 committee.

"1. Anyone call Michael Gove cannot be leader."

I hope clause 2 was for Moggy poo. 

• Haha 1

Lib Dems, Labour and SNP all calling for an immediate election. They are hoping that all that pressure will force the Tories hand. Seriously though, this is starting to look like a tin-pot dictatorship. Without the dictator. The tories all agree there should be a demagogue at the wheel, but can't find one sh**ty enough. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I've worn jeans and not washed them for longer than Liz Truss was PM :lol:

Did the 44 days include the 12 days of mourning and break for party conferences?

If so, how many actual official working days was she PM?

1 minute ago, flamingsombrero said:

No it doesn't. Her speech in full shows no remorse, no culpability. Basically she's saying that everything she did was right, but she is resigning cos she can't get on with her job of decimating the country. The unadulterated hubris of it all makes me want to puke. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

What, they don’t have a workable plan yet? 

So shabby. Even if it's online, they have 7 days to coordinate this thing - got to be a nod to the members, but ultimately not giving them the choice given how they stuffed it last time.  

Just now, HKP90 said:

No it doesn't. Her speech in full shows no remorse, no culpability. Basically she's saying that everything she did was right, but she is resigning cos she can't get on with her job of decimating the country. The unadulterated hubris of it all makes me want to puke. 

Someone didn't watch the video :crylaugh:

Â