The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Am I right in thinking that all of these drive=by ministers who've barely had double-figure days of actual work in their post will all be receiving a generous boost to their pensions?

Not a bad result for turning up and disgracing yourself for a few weeks

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

She's not going until she's forced, if she had a sense of humility or shame she'd already be gone

She's a Tory, she has very limited self awareness let alone any capacity for shame or humility. 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Am I right in thinking that all of these drive=by ministers who've barely had double-figure days of actual work in their post will all be receiving a generous boost to their pensions?

Not a bad result for turning up and disgracing yourself for a few weeks

I'm in the wrong job. I've been disgracing myself for years, for little benefit. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Surely it’s time for an election, this is funny purely from the point of view of laughing at the Tories, but the country has been rudderless now for months

How impactful does it feel listing from one sinking Tory ship (Boris) to another in Truss? From the outside, it's really funny but sky rocketing interest rates are no longer comical when they affect one's salary.

Today's drama isn't over yet, still the fracking / confidence vote to come.

It's hard to see why they are digging their heels in over this. Surely everyone knows that regardless of the vote, it's not actually to change anything in energy policy. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

How impactful does it feel listing from one sinking Tory ship (Boris) to another in Truss? From the outside, it's really funny but sky rocketing interest rates are no longer comical when they affect one's salary.

It just feels exhausting and like everyone is just heads down working and keeping big decisions on hold until they know wtf is going on.

It’s the sheer unpredictability of it that is bad for anyone looking to rent / buy a house / remortgage / change jobs / make business decisions / retire / move to the U.K. as a migrant worker / whatever. You just don’t know what the tax situation is going to be next week… you know interest rates are going up, but you don’t know how quickly or how much or for how long.

Starting to understand why businesses always bang on about stability and clarity being as important as the underlying policies. If you swing around all over the place, you end up with the kind of situation you have in emerging economies where the volatility just causes everything to seize up and confidence to plummet.

That’s besides all the obvious massive external pressures on the economy at the moment.

And the very real human cost to the least well off. It is a gigantic mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So glad Braverman has gone, but clearly she has jumped before she is pushed (either within government or party) as that is a particularly scathing resignation letter. 

Couldn't have happened to a worse person - hopefully she will lose her seat at the next GE and she goes into obscurity aka GB News.

Also, why have they turned the fracking vote into a confidence vote? Seriously moronic. I can see a number are going to oppose anyway but its funny that some are only voting in support to ensure their letters remain valid.

Farcical state of affairs! :popcorn:

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

It's hard to see why they are digging their heels in over this.

An attempt to achieve terminal velocity is my only thought

It was a monumentally stupid decision.

To save face on a defeat inflicted in the commons by it's own party they've now managed to make themselves look even more of a party in disarray.

They've now further angered the internal opposition

And they were attempting to break a manifesto pledge, which their grassroots supporters liked

I really don't see how Truss survives this now, she obviously has zero credibility within her own party and she's managed to rile them further. When one of her fellow Britannia Unchained authors stands up and says he's breaking the whip and is prepared for the consequences, the writing really is on the wall

Â