The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Rishi is being criticised for doing a U-turn on VAT energy bills.

First thing i’d do if I were a politician being accused of a u-turn is say yes, I did a u-turn. Why is that a bad thing?

Either someone changed my mind, or the circumstances changed and what previously wasn’t a good idea is now a good idea.

Its better to do a u-turn than stubbornly stick to your initial stance.

Its one of those TTPMOBS, U-Turns shouldn’t be branded as weakness, quite the opposite.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

First thing i’d do if I were a politician being accused of a u-turn is say yes, I did a u-turn. Why is that a bad thing?

Brexit campaign (supported by Sunak) - leave the EU and we can remove VAT from energy bills.

Tories get elected, Brexit happens, energy prices soar. Tories (with Sunak as chancellor) "No, we're not removing VAT from energy bills" - so that's the first U-turn if you like.

Leadership election, when he's trailing and wants to curry favour and it's back to "we can remove VAT from energy bills".

It's less of a U-turn and more of saying whatever for personal gain. He's u-turned twice, basically and doesn't even believe what he says himself.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's less of a U-turn and more of saying whatever for personal gain. He's u-turned twice, basically and doesn't even believe what he says himself.

Rishi Rich, let me introduce you to Keir Starmer. 

34 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Fair play for this, from a Labour fan.

Has anyone read the article BTW? They both rushed to her aide apparently, as any normal human would.

Also, they call him "Ms Sunak". 🤣

Edited by Jon
Spelling

I personally believe.. that UK, United Kingdomians are liking the fact Truss looked concerned and Rishi held her hand... and shows that some people out there, in our nation don't have that, and that our education, such as, like Africa and Iraq and... such as.. and I believe that our education over here in the UK should help Madeline McCann, Kate McCann and should help out the others in the country.. So we will be able to build up our future.

Former Miss Teen USA contestant Caitlin Upton speaks about infamous pageant  gaffe eight years later - Independent.ie

Needless to say I think all the candidates should vote Conservatives in the forthcoming AND upcoming elections now and forever xxx 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I personally believe.. that UK, United Kingdomians are liking the fact Truss looked concerned and Rishi held her hand... and shows that some people out there, in our nation don't have that, and that our education, such as, like Africa and Iraq and... such as.. and I believe that our education over here in the UK should help Madeline McCann, Kate McCann and should help out the others in the country.. So we will be able to build up our future.

Former Miss Teen USA contestant Caitlin Upton speaks about infamous pageant  gaffe eight years later - Independent.ie

Needless to say I think all the candidates should vote Conservatives in the forthcoming AND upcoming elections now and forever xxx 

Goes without saying but would. 

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Leadership election, when he's trailing and wants to curry favour and it's back to "we can remove VAT from energy bills".

tenor.gif?c=VjFfbWljcm9zb2Z0X3N3aWZ0a2V5

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Either someone changed my mind, or the circumstances changed and what previously wasn’t a good idea is now a good idea.

Its better to do a u-turn than stubbornly stick to your initial stance.

Its one of those TTPMOBS, U-Turns shouldn’t be branded as weakness, quite the opposite.

I agree with the premise of making decisions based on circumstance and evidence, it’s clearly sensible.

However like the Boris u-turns, they are a political party with an ethos and madates based upon campaigns. Sometimes I think they should stick to initial decisions, own what you are, reap the results.

Not change because it’s not a popular decision because then what you stand for is whatever way the wind is blowing. 

Â