The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

30 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, right now it feels like that. It feels like the tories know they’re broken, the country knows they’re broken and whatever lack of clear laid out solutions Labour has, it ought to be game over for the baby eaters.

Mind you, we’ve been here before.

Yeah that’s true. The only thing I worry about is how good they are at changing the narrative and convincing people a new leader is a fresh start. There are still people who think the government pre-Boris was not a Tory one. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Liz Truss became a Tory because of failings whilst she was at school, the entirety of which was under a Tory government.

That was truly baffling. She was a Liberal Democrat but changed to Tory because of the school line. Did her schooling come after the LD’s then? 

Another think that was a bit scary was that they all seemed to backtrack on the previous policy of Net Zero carbon emissions by 2030. Not like those sneaky Tories to fail to deliver on there promises. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

That was truly baffling. She was a Liberal Democrat but changed to Tory because of the school line. Did her schooling come after the LD’s then? 

Nope she was president of the Oxford University LibDems in her final year at Uni, the same year she made the Republican speech at their conference. Then she left Uni and became a Tory (almost overnight it would seem)

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Given how small Sunak is, how did he manage to find a jacket thats still 4 sizes too small?

Clearly got a child's jacket to avoid the tax. 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Case in point. "Exclusive to all papers - Liz Truss bombs in first debate and all normal people think she's an embarrassing shambles"

Tories:

I mean this is the perfect situation

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Don't understand why this is on TV.... There's no public vote on the new leader. 

What am I missing here?????

The Tory Party's desire to self immolate

I think the theory goes that there is a public interest and given that politicians absolutely crave any chance to talk bollocks to their people they like the bunch of deadheads they are fell for it

Judging frm the bits I've seen (which isn't a lot) The Tory Party just decided to put themselves to the sword last night

42 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Don't understand why this is on TV.... There's no public vote on the new leader. 

What am I missing here?????

From the sounds of it, Tory Party HQ agree. Sunak and Truss have pulled out of the next debate so Sky have cancelled it. 

12 minutes ago, choffer said:

From the sounds of it, Tory Party HQ agree. Sunak and Truss have pulled out of the next debate so Sky have cancelled it. 

Damn, i was enjoying them talk bollocks about themselves and each other.

• Like 1

If I had anything to do with the Tories I'd bin it off too. It has done nothing but expose what a poor selection of candidates there are. I think even the Tory members are unhappy with the choices before them.

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

From the sounds of it, Tory Party HQ agree.

Or is it a case of Job done!

Sunak vs Truss to go to membership, Truss to win. They may just be thinking they've got their prefered matchup and winner in the bag.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, choffer said:

I mean I'm disappointed, but it makes sense. 

22 minutes ago, choffer said:

giphy.gif

Just sticking on the 2nd one to see how badly they rip each other apart. Shame there won't be a round 3.

Â