The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I think we can safely say thay the next PM is going to be a woman. 

A Thatcher with all the nastiness but none of the brains. 

This. Thatcher was evil, but at least she had brains and etiquette. Truss is dumber than bread and Rishi is, well, too rich to care, understand or show any sort of empathy to the people. Mordor is just a blonde grifter.

"Liz for Leader" giving her pitch being covered by Sky News now.  I don't think she has a chance - no substance so far other than to talk about the fight against Putin, that she is "loyal" to Boris Johnson and wants to deliver the manifesto.

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Keith Joseph who was the brains behind Thatcherism?

Keith Joseph smiles and a baby dies

In a box on Beasley Street.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Surely it was Keith Joseph who was the brains behind Thatcherism?

Most of that cabinet were well-educated, intelligent, and had a modicum of integrity. OK, they were still Tories, and I found their political philosophy loathsome, but they were head and shoulders above the current bunch of crooks, clowns, shysters and morons. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Most of that cabinet were well-educated, intelligent, and had a modicum of integrity. OK, they were still Tories, and I found their political philosophy loathsome, but they were head and shoulders above the current bunch of crooks, clowns, shysters and morons. 

What struck me, was that Thatcher's mandate was created by the 'winter of discontent' leading up to the 1979 election.

Subsequent governments having successfuly destroyed the working people's political power, it seems that the Tories have been robbed of any such mandate, which is why they look so pusillanimous.

A combination of Thatcherism and New Labour, created a generation of spivs and shysters, and politics is full of them.

I just see the increase in con-artists as the natural consequences of moving to a post-industrial economy, where the smoke and mirrors of derivatives, has become the holy grail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trekka said:

"Liz for Leader" giving her pitch being covered by Sky News now.  I don't think she has a chance - no substance so far other than to talk about the fight against Putin, that she is "loyal" to Boris Johnson and wants to deliver the manifesto.

Erm, Penny Mordor says high

Thats a lot more substance than Mordor

There's definitely something in this election that Less is More (dor)

Best of luck to you all when Britain gets taken over by the Catholics. We could have realistically just witnessed the last set of July 12th celebrations.

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Best of luck to you all when Britain gets taken over by the Catholics. We could have realistically just witnessed the last set of July 12th celebrations.

I think he's overthinking this prime minister thing. I know plenty of Tories love to live in a fantasy WW2/11 vision of the past, but this guy is going even further back. But then who doesn't love a bit of English Civil War—back when the country was great and all the classes of people had all the freedom to enjoy the country's riches.

Edited by Rolta

Usual bunch of Tory turds, simply wrapping themselves in different wrapping paper. They are all complicit in the appalling state this country is in. We’ve been here before with this lot. Need a seismic political shift in our nation. This feels like moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Sunak is unelectably short. About half a Tommy elphick.

I still feel like too many of the population are unaware of this glaring issue.

I hope there's some sort of debate between candidates so when the camera pans they get a Valbuena moment

Facebook-Benzema-and-Valbuena-a327c8.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still feel like too many of the population are unaware of this glaring issue.

I hope there's some sort of debate between candidates so when the camera pans they get a Valbuena moment

Facebook-Benzema-and-Valbuena-a327c8.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoxrJL60hrancuyh6Zlhk

• Like 1

Â