The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Zahavi must be the biggest knob of them all. Yesterday he was up BoJo's behind so you could only see his shoes, today when he's realised he'll be tarnished forever he's abandoning ship.

Jesus.

Proof there are just no good guys in the government. 

Reports out now, Boris will resign today.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder who's next. Climate-change denying Steve Baker has thrown his hat into the ring. Borius was a danger to the British economy and our reputation on the global stage. Steve Baker in a senior government position is a threat to humanity.

Steve Baker would be an incredibly divisive candidate 

I'm with Desmond. Suella Braverman would be an excellent Tory leader 

for those who want the Tories gone

• Haha 1

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

The concern is we could get Patel next, who is possibly just as dangerous if not more. 

That’s a terrifying thought. 
Several of the senior Tories give zero shits for the rules or the impact of their decisions on others. 

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Zahavi must be the biggest knob of them all. Yesterday he was so far up BoJo's behind so you could only see his shoes, today when he's realised he'll be tarnished forever he's abandoning ship.

Jesus.

Zahavi - Id make him a strong contender for the top job. 

I'm actually really pissed of now.  I was looking to take advantage of the bribery he was going to announce today in a desperate attempt to cling to power.

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

The concern is we could get Patel next, who is possibly just as dangerous if not more. 

I doubt it.

The Tories won't want another Boris clone. 

Mordant - Zhawi - Hunt 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

can't get excited about this. i have met at least 2 staunch tory voters that said they would not vote tory as long as he's there. now he's gone, that's 2 voters they've gotten back. i'm sure there are others similar.

yes i'm sure there are some blind followers of boris, but can't imagine that number is especially high

There's clearly going to be an element of this however, just because the fat incompetent buffoon has gone it doesn't mean the problems the country and the Tory party faces have gone away.

The economy is clearly going to get worse and we'll have to see whether whatever government we get after this is able to mitigate it while also creating a narrative that "none of it's our fault". I think that'll be very difficult. The last election was fought along Brexit lines, the next one will be fought on the economy and cost of living.  

Am I right that his leadership contest is voted by the full membership, not just MPs? 

If so, I'm sticking with my prediction of 'no brown people with funny foreign names'. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

As the Tories tend to keep quiet in this thread I asked my Tory mate who he wants. Unsurprisingly it was Sunak, but he feels there is still that feeling in the party that it should be a white male. 

Â