The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously who is going take a place in this cabinet right now ?

Maybe he'll have to do some of the jobs himself

Play rushback Prime Minister. 

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Gullis is such a slapdick, even his resignation letter has got a glaring typo in it.

Fun fact! He used to work as a teacher at Fairfax. Poor kids.

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Maybe he'll have to do some of the jobs himself

Play rushback Prime Minister. 

Stanley Baldwin was PM and Chancellor, in 1923. 

As I'm sure JRM could have told us. 

Edited by mjmooney

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Boooo

To be fair, given the outstanding job he has done of making the Downing St operation more slick and professional, he was the obvious choice.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yep, I don’t get how this changes anything. Boris will just do a Trump and ignore all this and carry on business as usual.

Then what happens if he does? A cabinet of Nadine, Lis Truss and Priti Patel?

The 1922 Committee are changing the rules next week so they can have another vote of no confidence.      There is absolutely no way, zero chance that he will survive that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Johnson will have to be forced out or have his resignation be to his benefit. He isn't a man with a shame. Some resignations won't change that.

Equally this is also good because the longer he stays the more it splits and destroys the party.

6 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Equally this is also good because the longer he stays the more it splits and destroys the party.

Sadly it won't.

When he's finally dragged out, some of the most unhinged loyalists will be starring at the end of their parliamentary careers, maybe. But the rest will carry on, and all the Tory voters will vote Tory still.

They won't split. They know where their bread is buttered.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Sadly it won't.

When he's finally dragged out, some of the most unhinged loyalists will be starring at the end of their parliamentary careers, maybe. But the rest will carry on, and all the Tory voters will vote Tory still.

They won't split. They know where their bread is buttered.

I think the split is already there from the hard right to the not so-moderates. The only reason some are hanging on is because I feel he has threatened a GE. It’s a mess and it may take a while but people will just get angrier.

Â