The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Don't understand why the backbenchers suddenly think they can win a vote of no confidence, Boris won in a landslide only a few weeks ago ;)

Edited by Davkaus
  • Confused 1

Can Boris call an election without the support of his party?  

I have just looked this up. He can call an election.  But it requires the monarch's agreement. This can be refused if the monarch believes an alternative PM with a working majority exists.  

Whether the monarch would do that is anyone's guess.  

But the Conservative party could definitely identify an alternative PM with a working majority in a matter of hours.  Probably subject to an agreement that he/she stood down at an agreed date. 

The gammons in the shires who put him in as leader might be noting that most of these resignations are by er, brown people with funny foreign names. 

Edited by mjmooney

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Don't understand why the backbenchers suddenly think they can win a vote of no confidence, Boris won in a landslide only a few weeks ago ;)

I hope that the optics of "didn't get the result you wanted so just re-run the vote" are broadcast loud and long. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yep, I don’t get how this changes anything. Boris will just do a Trump and ignore all this and carry on business as usual.

Then what happens if he does? A cabinet of Nadine, Lis Truss and Priti Patel?

Just now, ender4 said:

Yep, I don’t get how this changes anything. Boris will just do a Trump and ignore all this and carry on business as usual.

Then what happens if he does? A cabinet of Nadine, Lis Truss and Priti Patel?

original.gif

Â