• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I didn't see Tim coming out of this well, but once again a cup game has helped us. Liverpool, with no Benteke and their recent run are there for the taking. Step up please Jack and now I fancy Ayew to do something too. Optimism, but only just.

I said before the game it's a no win situation for us - if we lose we never hear the end of it. If we win, it's "you're in the Premier, you've spent millions, you only just scraped it blah blah blah" and that's exactly what the kiddyfiddlers are coming out with on Radio WM.

That prick who presents WM sounds gutted.

• Like 1

Ayew MOTM worked hard for the whole 2nd half and showed more than Gabby has done in the last 2 or 3 YEARS

Start that 2nd half 11 vs Liverpool on Saturday

Corrected for you

Tiny shout out for a Blues player, Gray, he was getting dogs abuse when he took a couple of corners at the Holte but just smiled and got on with it which I thought showed a bit of class. 

Ok I am being magnanimous in victory...shout me down:) 

Tiny shout out for a Blues player, Gray, he was getting dogs abuse when he took a couple of corners at the Holte but just smiled and got on with it which I thought showed a bit of class. 

Ok I am being magnanimous in victory...shout me down:) 

looks a decent player sure we will see him next year in the prem

The first half has to be up there with the worst performance I've ever seen from a Villa side, the only reason we didn't go in behind because SHA had no teeth.  Tim could have admitted he got it wrong and tried to go back to what he wants to do, but to come up with this line that it was deliberate tactic and it went well, I find staggering.  The first half had no bearing on the second unless he was deliberately trying to show that he can make positive changes which I find worrying.  There is nothing wrong with admitting trying something that didn't work.

I never ever ever want to see that first half line up and tactics again.  Second half they looked good against a weak SHA side.  Grealish, Ayew, Richards a positive. Also Clark cannot play DM ever again that was one of the most incompetent half of football I've witnessed, up with JLoyd Samuel home against Reading. Fair play to Tim for sticking him back in at CB there was a diffeRent player (I'd all but sent him on loan).

thought Gestede (goal apart), Sinclair & Bacuna all nowhere near good enough.

Sherwood changed the game tonight with his subs, tactics tim! Ayew silenced the doubters, always had the movement just needed the confidence! Great to show them what the holte can be like when we have something to support aswell!

my worry is that after Leicester he got stick trom fans and media re poor substitutions.  My fear is that he deliberately put out a poor/ dysfunctional side and tactics so he could make changes to improve it, I don't think any fan would have picked that first half 11.

They might be a championship side and we a Premier league side and didn't it show in the 2 nd half.

but to be fair they are going strong in the championship and we have been struggling for results so it was a bit more of a leveller than some folk will want to admit too.

First half was a bit of a scrap and Dwight Yorke in commentary was right lacking quality particularly from us .....but that was needed IMO

Second Half Tactics Tim got things right.....Jack was as close to "Jack the Lad" as could be expected taking the game to them is what I have been hoping for ..... more mature performance... well done Jack showing signs of what all the fuss is about.

Jordan Ayew  has pleased me no end.... noticed that swagger entering his game....just needs games, beut we all know games have to be earned not gifted, but on that showing he must now be taken seriously.

Gestede was an absolute pain in their arse and on that showing, must please the fans....not the most technically gifted ,but a real thorn in the oppositions side and created the muscle for Jack to Flourish.... was very impressed with him.

Veretout had a decent game too a few iffy moments.....but started to show his class.

I thought in the first half.....no partnerships anywhere.....second half interplay was starting to emerge and when it did they were dead.

Edited by TRO

As distasteful as the First half was ....The line up was necessary.

Take the sting out battle for things despite the lack of quality...... and win the right to play football.

we did......and then we played football and won.....as punch & Judy  would say " thats the way to do it"

Â