• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Excellent substitutions, changed the game. Happy for Ayew who looked like a 9m pound player, hope this is the confidence boost he needed after a poor start.

Shout out to Micah too, great performance. No coincidence we were under little pressure in the last ten when he was beasting every header just inside our half.

First half was rubbish, but the changes made the game. Ayew came in looking feisty but without cutting edge, so happy to see him finding it the more he was on the ball. Jack was quality, should've had himself a goal along with Sinclair, don't know how we managed to miss those far post 2-3 chances. Gestede looked asleep until he scored, then really got into the game and started using his assets the way he should. Veretout anonymous first half, but kept things moving nicely in the second. Would've preferred him given a little more forward role, but without Sanchez or similar on, I can understand.

• Like 1

Said earlier 1st half was the worst 45 ive ever seen from a villa side in my memory.

complete difference as soon as Jack and Ayew came on. Where has this Ayew been hiding, skills, touch, good runs, movement. Very pleased he should go straight into the team after that. We created 4 or 5 good chances second half great to see VP buzzin like that. Grealish classy, Amavi I just love this guy, he cares so much which is infectious. Clark should never play anywhere but CB, Richards bossed that second half like a captain should. Veretout was excellent 2nd half.

Rudy was awful, but gets a pass I supppose. Lescott I think showed he's finished imo, he will cost so many goals if he continues to play. Okore be back soon hopefully.

Positives

Richards is a BEAST!!!  Won everything in the air and bullied their strikers.

Jack is sheer quality, came on and calmed everyone down by simply keeping the ball.

Ayew showed he IS quality.  Looks like the initial poor form was down to settling in.

Negatives

Lescott is not the same player he used to be. Was easily shoved off the ball, very disappointed by him tonight.

Veretout still needs to impose himself on games more, too quiet and gave it away a lot.

Bacuna is still getting a game.

Said earlier 1st half was the worst 45 ive ever seen from a villa side in my memory.

complete difference as soon as Jack and Ayew came on. Where has this Ayew been hiding, skills, touch, good runs, movement. Very pleased he should go straight into the team after that. We created 4 or 5 good chances second half great to see VP buzzin like that. Grealish classy, Amavi I just love this guy, he cares so much which is infectious. Clark should never play anywhere but CB, Richards bossed that second half like a captain should. Veretout was excellent 2nd half.

Rudy was awful, but gets a pass I supppose. Lescott I think showed he's finished imo, he will cost so many goals if he continues to play. Okore be back soon hopefully.

Let's hope that Lescott is far from, he's possibly our highest earner for the next couple of years... 

Still not convinced by Gestede despite the goal, he's good at getting on the end of things and in Amavi we certainly have a guy who can deliver a decent cross but Gestede's first touch is not good enough for a Premier League team. The ball needs to stick to him when it's played into him or we struggle to bring the midfield into forward positions. 

he looks like a one trick pony. Great for crosses from the byline and that's it. Can't hold the  ball or bring team mates into play. Needs to improve alot

Grealish, vertout, Richards and Ayew were all were the best players on the pitch. 

Blues were shite, cos they're a shite club with shite fans.

Â