• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

First half was as bad as a maggot filled turd. Second was SO much better. Small heath are really shit thougfh so I won't get too carried away.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA **** YOU KNUCKLEDRAGGERS

• Like 4

Tim credit where credits due utter awful first half but my word your subs yes your subs that YOU  made were fantastic i have slated you but the subs at half time were the game changer keep it up you were under pressure but you came out smelling of roses. Great work tonight tim great work.

• Like 2

I really have no idea what Tim was thinking with the starting line up. The first half was one of the worst I've ever seen. Grealish and Ayew changed the game. He gets credit for making the change at half time.

Oh and Sinclair really needs to grow a pair of bollocks. So passive today and  He looked completely emotionless. Maybe his kids keeping him up all night

Not going to go too over the top - we absolutely SHOULD be beating Championship sides. But it is great to win again, especially against SHA. First half was dog dirt, second half much improved - and that can be put down to the manager I think. The first half set-up was just bizarre, and I have no idea why when we have a player like Gestede we opt not to play better crosses. The half-time subs changed things up a great deal; Grealish was great as per,. and Ayew really impressed with his workrate and skill. Not only that, the fact that we were no longer completely bypassing the midfield gave Veretout a chance to get into the game as well.

Thing is, I'm loathe to give too much credit for a managerial masterstroke to Sherwood. The positive changes at half time were only necessary because of the ridiculous way we were set up in the first half, and I wonder if he'd have bought Ayew on that early at all if Gabby wasn't injured. An archetypal game of two halves, then.

• Like 3

That's better! Tim did, and presumably said, all the right things at half time. Very encouraging stuff from Ayew, Veretout and obviously Jack. The goal was excellent and we could easily have had a couple more. First half was a bloody nightmare, but I'm very willing to forget that now.  That was an important win, and hopefully we'll all take some positivity and confidence from it. 

Edited by Michelsen

Â