Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Change the manager tis weekend and I doubt we will go down. All the stats being shouted out on here, point towards other clubs close to us turning there season around. There's a long way to go.

We might. And then a short while after we will be struggling again. Nothing will be built for long term improvements while lerner owns the club.

Ok we lost Benteke an Delph, but at least the money went back into signing players, an it was still 50 million quid. Im sure if we are still in the shite in jan, Lerner's wallet will open again. It maybe true we are not investing to win the league, but im absolutely positive Lerner will do anything to keep us in it

Im not a Lerner hater, never have been, there are much worse owners out there. Though I will admit, the one thing he is guilty for is signing shite managers.

We finished 17th last season. We had a net spend of 7 million in the summer. Lerner is a disgrace 

• Like 2

Change the manager tis weekend and I doubt we will go down. All the stats being shouted out on here, point towards other clubs close to us turning there season around. There's a long way to go.

We might. And then a short while after we will be struggling again. Nothing will be built for long term improvements while lerner owns the club.

Ok we lost Benteke an Delph, but at least the money went back into signing players, an it was still 50 million quid. Im sure if we are still in the shite in jan, Lerner's wallet will open again. It maybe true we are not investing to win the league, but im absolutely positive Lerner will do anything to keep us in it

Im not a Lerner hater, never have been, there are much worse owners out there. Though I will admit, the one thing he is guilty for is signing shite managers.

We finished 17th last season. We had a net spend of 7 million in the summer. Lerner is a disgrace 

Net spend bollocks. We spent 57 million quid. We ain't looking to win the league, but should help us stay out of the relegation zone don't ya think.  

• Like 1

Net spend bollocks. We spent 57 million quid. We ain't looking to win the league, but should help us stay out of the relegation zone don't ya think.  

Had we not have spent the money gained by sales we would have 0 points at the moment. Lerner did the bare minimum to keep us in the league by spending that money

Edited by Arj Guy

Had we not have spent the money gained by sales we would have 0 points at the moment. Lerner did the bare minimum to keep us in the league by spending that money

It might be the bare minimum to you, but to me me the bare minimum would have been much less than 50 mill. Anyway, as I said, it should see us safe from the relegation places.

It might be the bare minimum to you, but to me me the bare minimum would have been much less than 50 mill. Anyway, as I said, it should see us safe from the relegation places.

Based on what exactly? The squad left after the Benteke and Delph sales would've been one of worst in premier league history.  And as for the last part it won't. We're going down and it is all thanks to our terrible owner 

Edited by Arj Guy

How much more damage are we going to afford the current man in charge

Are the monkeys that are running this club really naive enough to give this clown till Christmas?

We really do deserve to be relegated

Edited by AshVilla

Apparently no team has ever survived in the Prem after being on four points or less after ten games. I can't comprehend the idea of us not being in the top flight. It's like something from a two-dimensional world trying to imagine the fourth-dimension.

Edited by useless

I fear it's gone now. After the next 3 or four consecutive losses we'll be way behind and there is no way with the current set up we'll be getting out of it. I'm ready for it now though and have accepted we're going down which in a weird way is quite liberating. At least in the Championship we may feel like we have a little chance of winning most games unlike this last 5 years of embarrassment.

• Like 1

Apparently no team has ever survived in the Prem after being on four points or less after ten games. I can't comprehend the idea of us not being in the top flight. It's like something from a two-dimensional world trying to imagine the fourth-dimension.

Really? I find it very easy to comprehend, although it hasn't happened in the memorable part of my lifetime. 

Quantum physics it isn't. We need to win not far off half of our remaining games. Assuming we lose the next two, which given the fixtures seems fairly guaranteed, it will be very close indeed to winning 50% of our remaining games. We just aren't going to do that. 

As you've noted, our survival at this point would be unprecedented. This is precisely why I've been calling for Sherwood's head for several weeks. We may now have reached a point where the club feel they have to sack him, but it's almost certainly too late at this point. 

I can comprehend the set of circumstances that might lead to us going down. I just can't imagine the actuality of it. I'm not giving up, though I still think we can stay up, but do so, we'll need to somehow find a good manager and probably spend someone money on a strker in January.

really hard to follow a team in the championship from abroad.  I'll still do it because I'm clearly a masochist.  But it's very difficult to learn anything, impossible to see a match.  Those who hate my comments can be in favor of our relegation because I won't post much here when I can't watch the matches.  Maybe that's villa's strategy.  They're going down just to get me off VT !!!!  Bastards!

• Like 2

Foreveryoung, I won't quote as it ruins pages. 

Did Lerner's wallet open up in recent January windows when we were in the shit? And you said it yourself, he'll spend to try and keep us in the league. That's his sole goal for this club. And while that's the aim, long term we will always be around the bottom. You want to cheer on a club like that?

He'd have to be spending at least Bent money in Jan you would think in order to protect his investment. 

Although he hasn't shown himself to be particularly shrewd so far. we need to find out what Houllier said to him to convince him it was necessary then. Or hope a new manager can convince him that he needs some more players in Jan

He'd have to be spending at least Bent money in Jan you would think in order to protect his investment. 

Although he hasn't shown himself to be particularly shrewd so far. we need to find out what Houllier said to him to convince him it was necessary then. Or hope a new manager can convince him that he needs some more players in Jan

I think it was down to having money for milner and knowing young would be sold in the summer. Every other January window has shown how much he really gives a shit when we're looking in trouble.

People saying given the new deal that we can't afford to get relegated. Sorry it's the other way around, under Lerner we can't afford to stay up. The money it will take to keep us up he can't afford

Honestly I think I've reached the point where I kind of want to get relegated. The last 5 years have made me start to hate this club and hate football. I no longer watch MOTD or champions league football, I'll rarely be bothered about watching other live games or follow what's happening. 

I want to get back to enjoying the sport and supporting this club. Part of me thinks relegation will make that happen.

Â