Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

Game is starting to get dull for me. I am 10 matches into the premier league season, and I haven't lost a match, but I am not winning many matches either. I am not even winning in cups. I had to go to penalties to beat West Ham and Swansea. My opponents are constantly scoring late goals no matter what tactics I use. My draws have even reached their way to the europa league group stage where I have drawn all 3 of my matches so far. Last season I had the least amount of draws in the league. It's frustrating. 

First season in La Liga with Tenerife. 4 games in and i'm sitting top of the league. 

• 1-0 home win against Getafe
  • 1-0 away win against Malaga
  • 2-0 backs to the wall smash and grab against Bilbao 
  • 1-1 away to Granada

Had no money to spend and had to replace a significant proportion of my ageing squad with free transfers and loans.

• Diego Llorente - Free from Castilla
  • Mario Hermoso - Loan from Castilla
  • Alvaro Medran - Free from Castilla
  • Jon Toral - Free from Arsenal
  • Jon Gaztanaga - Free from Sociedad
  • Pablo Hervas - Free from Sociedad
  • Rey Manaj - Free from Inter
  • Thomas Partey - Loan from Atleti
  • Nahuel Leiva - Renewed loan from Arsenal

Then right at the end of the transfer window my 20% sale profit clause on Ayoze Perez payed off. AC Milan bought him for near £30 million so I was able to bring in Sergio Diaz and Raul Jimenez to hopefully grab me the goals I need.

Big sweeping changes to the squad but they seem to be bedding in well. Had to send Cristo Gonzalez out on loan again because he was being a whiny little bitch AGAIN! Managed to renew his contract whilst he was out on loan so now he is tied down until 2021 with a £20m buyout clause. :ph34r:

Edited by sexbelowsound

Well I have got Forest back into the PL feel pretty darn proud too. After hours and hours of study i think i have some solid tactics. 3 games into my 1st PL season 2 wins and a loss (1-0 to chelski).... best part is i absolutely love my squad, its well balanced and i have 0 superstars.....

Lost my first match of the season to goddamn southampton. Felt like the game was rigged to be honest. It ended 3-2 and immediately after I'd score, southampton would get one back. Like literally 3-4 seconds of gameplay and the ball was in. Has to be some record surely? 

I made it to december without losing in all competitions, but somehow I am only 8th. 

Edited by Czechlad

Has anybody else noticed how easy it is for certain positions to get great average ratings? Any right back I play is basically guaranteed to be really good. On the last version, Carl Jenkinson was constantly getting above 7.90 season average, and on this version I've got two 20 year olds rotating, each now worth £20m and recieving over 8.00 season average.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Has anybody else noticed how easy it is for certain positions to get great average ratings? Any right back I play is basically guaranteed to be really good. On the last version, Carl Jenkinson was constantly getting above 7.90 season average, and on this version I've got two 20 year olds rotating, each now worth £20m and recieving over 8.00 season average.

I agree. I've noticed whatever formation or tactic I play as well that my right backs seem to be the biggest contributors of assists.

i got Diego llorente on a free from Real Madrid and a season later this centre back playing right back is getting bids for 20+ million from some of the worlds biggest clubs.

I know on previous versions, the fullbacks often achieved the most passes of any position because of how the match engine works. Probably something to do with that. 

I've noticed roaming playmaker is another role where it seems pretty easy to achieve a good rating.

Edited by abdomlahor

Finished 3rd in my first season in La Liga with Tenerife.

All those free transfers from Real Madrid's youth academy done good, now the World are after them!

I've kept them all though and added a few gems.

Hirving Lozano on a free

Ruben Blanco from Celta Vigo for 300k

Jhao Rodriguez from Chelsea on a free

Borja San Emerterio on a free

Angel Correa on loan from Atletico with a £2.5m buy clause!

On 19/06/2016 at 06:57, sexbelowsound said:

I agree. I've noticed whatever formation or tactic I play as well that my right backs seem to be the biggest contributors of assists.

i got Diego llorente on a free from Real Madrid and a season later this centre back playing right back is getting bids for 20+ million from some of the worlds biggest clubs.

Same. I sold Alan Hutton for 14million to Real Madrid in the first January transfer window in FM15. He was beasting. Accepted it obviously and he played 2 games for them before being dropped to their other team.

15 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Agree about RBs, Bacuna is destroying the Championship, value is up to like £7m now or something daft

Bacuna is such a strange one. His stats for RB is bad, but he is always getting great ratings at that spot. I bought a super expensive RB and he constantly gets ratings in the 6s whereas Bacuna always gets 7s. 

Just won the capital one cup against Tottenham. 1-0 goal from a penalty. Season 4 with Nottingham got a trophy amd sitting 10th in the PL with 10 games left in the season. Buy of the season is a guy called Joel Pohjanpalo ..... absolute beast of a striker. He has 15 goals and 13 assists!

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Bacuna is such a strange one. His stats for RB is bad, but he is always getting great ratings at that spot. I bought a super expensive RB and he constantly gets ratings in the 6s whereas Bacuna always gets 7s. 

I sold Bacuna for £8m, fans were unhappy but I replaced him with Hans Hateboer for £6m (who just so happens to come from Groningen, like Bacuna). Hateboer is incredible! And only 22, plenty of time to grow. I also had to sell Amavi for £8m as he was complaining he wanted to leave, so right now I have a back line of:

Fabio / Baker / Okore / Hateboer 

Just bought Tomas Kalas who will likely replace Baker, sitting at the top of the Championship right now with 8 games to go.

Edit:

Also, anybody else play with Villa had the club taken over by Graham Taylor and a consortium? They took out an £100m loan to run the club, I'm worried! 

Edited by samjp26

Â