Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

On 7/26/2016 at 14:21, villa4europe said:

try meyer and goretzka at schalke

Goretzka wanted 10x what he was making at Schalke. I offered him 5x and he said no. I then offered him 7x him regular salary and he walked away from negotiations

have you got the german national team real players loaded?

if you havent unblocked it then promise him £200k a week once he gets his first cap, the game wont let him be called up so you'll never pay it, you can do the same trick with transfer fees

Yea I have it loaded. I also would want it to be as realistic as possible. Speaking of realism, I had 26 million euro left after signing Barbosa, Goretzka, Rudiger, Randolph, and Sokratis, so I put in an extra cheeky 25 million bid for Martial and somehow united accepted it. Martial was also willing to discuss wages! Although he wasn't nearly double what my max wages could offer. I've sold Westwood, Cissokho, Steer, and I am trying to get rid of Gabby and Ayala now. If I can, I am going back in for Martial. 

All my players want improved contracts though. It's making things tough. Gana, Horn, Traore, and last seasons 16 goal scorer Gestede all wanted more. 

Going to start a new villa save today after being sacked in my 6th season in charge of Forrest. This is my final save.... i always do this when i feel ive grasped the game. Get the sack and i shelve this edition. Ive Identified who i really want and who i dont want. Meli and Calleri in season 1 and re sign Benteke in season 2 or 3 are my priorities.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you guys have seen this but incase anyone's interested SI are looking for researchers for clubs including Aston Villa 

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/research-for-football-manager 

GOT IT!

THE FOOTBALL MANAGER WEBSITE USES COOKIES TO ENSURE YOU GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE MORE INFO

Football We’re currently looking for Football Manager researchers to join our scouting network, and help make future editions of the game as accurate as can be. We have a number of exciting vacancies available including:

"We’re currently looking for Football Manager researchers to join our scouting network, and help make future editions of the game as accurate as can be. 

We have a number of exciting vacancies available including:

Aston Villa, Fulham, Guiseley, Hartlepool United, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Northampton Town, North Ferriby United, Oldham Athletic, Sheffield United, Southport, Sutton United."

not sure what happened with the formatting there's Apologies if it's wrecked everything 

Edited by Duck

I cannot get Aston Villa through the 2nd season. No matter what i do or what i try my 2nd season is always terrible. Im so depressed 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
typing on my phone

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I cannot get Aston Villa through the 2nd season. No matter what i do or what i try my 2nd season is always terrible. Im so depressed 

In FM 15 I couldn't get Villa to January without getting sacked so I know your frustration. I literally tried probably 10 times with new Villa careers and new tactics, but every time I was sacked. 

Then in FM 16, I did a lot better. I 100% think it has to do with who you play and how you operate in preseason. I played a bunch of small clubs and hammered them with big scorelines. I got Ayew firing early, and Traore was getting tons of assists. I also picked one formation and stuck with it no matter what. Only time I changed formation was for cups. I ended up getting Villa to 5th in my first season (only missed champs league on GD). Second season I made some smart signings and managed to barely sneak into 4th. 

Oh also look at players information tabs. I signed vrsaljko who had a full green circle as a limited defender, but when I looked at his information tab, it showed he wanted to play as an attacking full back. As a limited fullback he was consistently getting ratings in the 6s, but once I switched him to attacking, he was always in the mid to high 7s. Traore, Ayew, and Grealish were the same. 

8 hours ago, Czechlad said:

In FM 15 I couldn't get Villa to January without getting sacked so I know your frustration. I literally tried probably 10 times with new Villa careers and new tactics, but every time I was sacked. 

Then in FM 16, I did a lot better. I 100% think it has to do with who you play and how you operate in preseason. I played a bunch of small clubs and hammered them with big scorelines. I got Ayew firing early, and Traore was getting tons of assists. I also picked one formation and stuck with it no matter what. Only time I changed formation was for cups. I ended up getting Villa to 5th in my first season (only missed champs league on GD). Second season I made some smart signings and managed to barely sneak into 4th. 

Oh also look at players information tabs. I signed vrsaljko who had a full green circle as a limited defender, but when I looked at his information tab, it showed he wanted to play as an attacking full back. As a limited fullback he was consistently getting ratings in the 6s, but once I switched him to attacking, he was always in the mid to high 7s. Traore, Ayew, and Grealish were the same. 

Thanks mate for the advice. As frustrating as it is I am going to start over again. I have been doing some reading and I think I am still playing the game too quickly (I am very prone to this). Im going to pay more attention to players roles and developing my tactics pre season. Can I ask, how long do you spend on each game preparing. 

14 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Thanks mate for the advice. As frustrating as it is I am going to start over again. I have been doing some reading and I think I am still playing the game too quickly (I am very prone to this). Im going to pay more attention to players roles and developing my tactics pre season. Can I ask, how long do you spend on each game preparing. 

Not very long. I breeze through the week before a match and then I just set up my tactics right before. I also pay attention to the email you get that shows where your opponent concedes the most goals. If they struggle with wing play, I tell my team to play wider. Same goes for if they struggle with central play. It worked for me, but FM is a strange one so who knows if it will work for you. Oh I also did individual training on all my players. I worked on Traore's shooting which imo is a must. He turns into Mahrez basically. 

So I've put more time into pre season and tactics than ever before. Then i draw Man u, arsenal and Chelsea my first 3 games being beaten 2-0, 3-1 and 3-0 given away 4 penalties and already morale is shot to pieces. Think i may just give up and concede that FM16 got the better of me.....

Ok so I picked up my dummy and the next 4 games went

3-0 against Fleetwood (LC)

0-4 against Liverpool

2-1 against Sunderland (after being 1-0)

2-0 against Palace

In my last game I used 4-2-3-1, Its actually my favourite tactic but I feel the gap between the wingers and fbs is too big, this worries me a lot. However I fiddled with PPI, which I dont normally do and my team looked solid. It was almost the realistic match Ive seen on FM16 recently. I think most of my problems can be solved in the actual game tactics. Forums Ive read seems the logical solution. I must be using not enough and too many at different times and confusing my players..... We will see how the next few games go.... Im pretty keen to get FM17 and play with ouor current squad.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

You kinda have to mess with the PPI's. Gone are the days where you can just pick a formation/team and roll with it season after season. Some tweaking has to be done for a better experience.

• Like 1

with the latest news that traore wants out, i couldnt have him in my team,, so ive just sold him  for £30m and bought nathan redmond, im hoping he can continue my good form, ive changed sinclair with tom ince as well for the left wing.

ive sold okore as well for £23m and bought ekstrand and ryan inniss, although i upset ekstrand by taking the captiaincy off him to give to elphick, ive since reinstated him.

I am actually pretty excited for FM 17 just because it will be a new challenged to get us out of the championship. Plus our squad seems like the perfect club to have in the championship. Lots of youth mixed with veterans. 

Â