Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

How do I stop drawing matches?! Seriously this is getting insane. 1 loss in all competitions but I am nearly 15 draws and it's only January. I managed to finish 2nd in my europa league group with 5 draws and a 1 win. I think I am on 9 draws in the league with only 1 loss. All the cup matches I play go to shootouts. It seriously seems like I am destined to draw. The amount of times I score only to have the opponent score immediately from kick off is insane. I was 4-1 up against Norwich last night and it ended 5-5. I've tried everything. It doesn't matter if I go ultra defensive, play counter, go attacking, or sub on multiple possession players and try to just play keep away. My opponent will always come back and score. 

• Like 1

Third season with Tenerife and I won the league, cup and made the Champions League semi final however I'm deemed not good enough for the Atletico Madrid job.

It went to some random Brazilian who was in charge at Red Bull Salzburg!

So how's this..... in the winter transfer window of 2019 my best striker Pohjanpalo had a release clause in his contract for 13.25 mill triggered by bayern after refusing to sign a decent contract offer from me. Im now in January 2020 (the following transfer window) and Sunderland have just bought him for 7.5mill after making just 4 appearances for bayern. Im 5th and Sunderland are 9th...... wtf just plain simple wtf! If he hadnt left me i reckon id be winning the league right now :blink:

I'm a league cup final away from owning the lot with villa!

make the LC semi final every year I think (I'm in 2024) won it once...last season did the treble, so far this season won the CS, European super cup, world club cup, still no one has retained the CL so that's a target, lost 1 drawn 2 so I'm winning the league again (lost at home to Barnsley!) had 9 players in the world player of the year vote, top 3 were all villa players...still not had a single player be more than a 1 star rating from the youth team, I've upped the facilities, the coaching, the catchment area, it's still shite every season 

also had a stint as England manager, did shit, Harry Kane has 93 caps I think with 71 goals, Rooney is west brom manager 

• Like 1

Second season with Villa, I started in May 2016 via the Icelandic or Finnish starting date I can't remember, Villa got relegated. Won the Championship at first ask with just under 100 points on the board, now I'm in January 2018 and I'm 4th in the Prem!

Enjoying this save a lot, actually trying to build a proper scouting network up - any tips for that kind of stuff?

Edited by samjp26

I hit a wall now. I have been stuck on 5th place for nearly 2 months. Every time Spurs (4th) slip up, so do I. It's like clockwork. My XI:

----------------------Horn-----------------------

---Bacuna----Rudiger----Sakho---Amavi--

---------------------Gueye----------------------

---------------------Sturaro---------------------

-----Traore---------Fekir----------Grealish--

----------------------Ayew-----------------------

Subs: Steer, Okore, Ayala, Richards, Vrsaljko, Westwood, Veretout, Pulisic, Vlasic, Agbonlahor, Gestede, and Remy. 

I really need a really good striker. Ayew is amazing for me, but he has been hurt all season. Still has 8 goals in 7 matches though, but it's february and with europa league, premier league, and cup matches, Ayew has only featured 7 times. Gestede actually has 13 goals, and is 2nd in the league for goals, but Costa somehow has 26 goals already. 

Bacuna is so strange. I wanted to sell him, but no one wanted him. I played him only in cups and matches I didn't care about, and he always got MoTM. His overall rating is like 8.9 right now. It's crazy how good he keeps playing at that spot. Sakho has been a major let down, as was Subotic who I sold only after 6 months. 

I also can't seem to get Grealish to get good. He shows up once every matches and wins the game for me single handedly in that match, but then does nothing for 2 matches.

I play slightly deeper defense, higher tempo, short passing, dribbling at defenders, whipped crosses, standard, and very fluid.

Edited by Czechlad

On 4 July 2016 at 23:26, samjp26 said:

Enjoying this save a lot, actually trying to build a proper scouting network up - any tips for that kind of stuff?

Do it yourself...

i set mine up to do the yoof and reserve league, the U19 CL, the European U21 qualifiers and then just have some floating round the world

i then take it in turns to scout like mad, find a player and click get scout report,  if I'm in preseason I'll spend 2-3 hours just scouting myself, start in South America and do pretty much every player in all the U21 teams, then do anyone that's U21 in the main squad, then go through all the bigger club teams like colo colo, then do a lot of the Brazil and Argentina club teams, might miss a couple that are say 20 and worth £500 but I'll click get scout report for 90% of boca and river

then advance it a couple of days and then do North America, the Asia, then Africa, then it takes ages to Europe 

it's the only way IMO 

think in about 2013 Man city got a regen from Jamaica, probably the best regen I've ever seen on the game, they got him at about 20 years old for next to nothing, there was no way my scouts could have picked him up without me scouting the Caribbean which is usually a waste of time, your scouts in the meetings will ask to scout Germany or Spain, I ignore that

• Like 1

I play FM 2016 and get regular game updates from "The Football Manager Whizzkids" site on FB, but despite contacting them and the club, I cannot get any answers as to who is part of the backroom staff, ie coaches,scouts etc. The clubs own website doesn't offer much info either. Does anyone on here have any answers?

I managed to win the Europa league 1-0 against Lyon. Ayew with the only goal which made me really happy because I was heavily criticizing Lacazette since he rejected me the previous summer. 

I also snuck into 4th place this season so my transfer budget is a whopping 126 million euros. This seemed fantastic, but no one wants to sign for me. I am trying to sign players from Leicester who were relegated, Liverpool who finished bottom 10, and United who finished 10th, but they all reject me. I wanted Lukaku but nope. Mahrez is a nope. I then tried for Pjanic, Erikson, Correa, and Felipe Anderson, but all rejected me. I had a bid for reus accepted, but he refused to even talk to me. This is stupid. 

On 25/07/2016 at 16:15, Czechlad said:

I managed to win the Europa league 1-0 against Lyon. Ayew with the only goal which made me really happy because I was heavily criticizing Lacazette since he rejected me the previous summer. 

I also snuck into 4th place this season so my transfer budget is a whopping 126 million euros. This seemed fantastic, but no one wants to sign for me. I am trying to sign players from Leicester who were relegated, Liverpool who finished bottom 10, and United who finished 10th, but they all reject me. I wanted Lukaku but nope. Mahrez is a nope. I then tried for Pjanic, Erikson, Correa, and Felipe Anderson, but all rejected me. I had a bid for reus accepted, but he refused to even talk to me. This is stupid. 

I sense that you are Kns0 on Reddit...

2 hours ago, meme said:

I sense that you are Kns0 on Reddit...

Yup. No one is giving me good answers on there either.

Are there any players who are good buys in my situation? Aka players who will actually play for me...

Just now, Czechlad said:

Are there any players who are good buys in my situation? Aka players who will actually play for me...

How many reputation stars do you have?

In your situation, I would focus less on the Champions League (be realistic, you probably aren't going to pass the early-knockout stages this year) and more on getting quality backups. If your squad is good enough to win the Europa League, your first 11 is more than ready to get a top-4 place next year as well, and you need to get depth in the squad to make that consistent. If you qualify for the Champos next season as well, your reputation will certainly increase and this time to the point that you can make big-money signings.

19 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

As meme says don't go for the big big names just yet as you are stuck with a low reputation for at least one more year. Add good squad depth or bid for the great youngsters and some of them might be willing to join. If you still can't find anyone then save your transfer budget for six to twelve months and use it when your in a better position.

Scouting players usually gives some guidance to if they will sign or not.

you need to clean up on the yoof, established european players are a non starter every year for me, if you do want to spend the money have a look at embolo, icardi for upfront, samper and emre can for midfield, bernard if you want an attacking one, vallejo or inigo martinez for defence, its goalkeepers i always struggle with

with who you've listed there though have a look at thiago and gotze, both of them usually leave on a free in my games

Not sure what my reputation is but I am getting good managerial offers. United and Villareal offered me the job. 

I guess I'll look for mid to upper level players. I really wanted Erikson since he is one of my favorite players in real life, but he won't talk to me :(

But I guess I'll go for Volland, maybe Gotze, Draxler, Sane, etc 

Â