Tickets

Wainy316

I can understand why a Villa fan would want to watch a game vs United rather than a game vs blues:

1) league games are considered by many as bigger matches than league cup games.

2) The United game was on a Friday night after a win. The blues game is on a Tuesday after 2 losses.

3) The United game there is normally little expectation whereas the blues game has a toxic atmosphere not really that suitable for younger fans.

4) The quality of players from the opposition team is better in the United game.

5) we always get beat by united.

I can understand why a Villa fan would want to watch a game vs United rather than a game vs blues:

2) The United game was on a Friday night after a win. The blues game is on a Tuesday after 2 losses.

3) The United game there is normally little expectation whereas the blues game has a toxic atmosphere not really that suitable for younger fans.

4) The quality of players from the opposition team is better in the United game.

1) Not if it is against our biggest rivals

2) Fickle

3) Surely people would rather go to a game  which we are more likely to win rather one which we are likely to get humped in

4) If you wanna see that go and support Man Utd

5) we always get beat by united.

6). The number is always bumped by Brummie reds in the home end.

I'm going, but I don't really want to!

I have a season ticket and normally wouldn't think twice about going to cup games but this time I'm only going because my other half wants to having never experienced the true derby. 

An important reason behind my reluctance is the fact it's a no win situation for Villa really. Win and we should have, scrap through and we're lucky, lose and it's humilation. Where's the glory? Blues go in to this game with nothing to lose,  even a loss can be covered with the 'we matched them for x minutes' line.

Obviously add in our awful form, it being a generally nasty environment, it being a Tuesday night, it being live on Sky and being rather overpriced for an early round League Cup game I can fully understand people staying away. I should have.

The only way we really win in this situation is to absolutely hammer them.

But there's no way we'll do that.

Don't ask why after some of the drivel served up this year, but It seems I'm more confident than most about this one. I think we'll smash them.

I don't think we'll smash them. But I do think we'll win. I was a lot more confident when I thought Gana would be playing though. He's the kind of player that would destroy a lower league team I reckon.

The only way to give us a win is by us all going down there and making it a electric atmosphere for the bloserS

Hopefully we get a good crowd for this one.anything above 37k for a midweek cup game that's live on TV would be good support for theteam

Rang through today at about 10:45 and got through straight away (was checking the situation about wheather I need to collect tickets). I was thinking it'd take ages, so as it didn't, I'm wondering if we'll be shifting many more than we already have?

Â