Tickets

Wainy316

So many of my Villa mates can't get tickets for this. Unbelievable that Villa are preventing our own fans from getting tickets. They must like the sight of empty seats

If they ain't got a big enough history they ain't getting one it's a big derby

Not necessarily. This won't be close to a sell out

It will.

It probably wont' sell out. But it will be close

I hope so

So many of my Villa mates can't get tickets for this. Unbelievable that Villa are preventing our own fans from getting tickets. They must like the sight of empty seats

I'd say they prefer the sight of empty seats over the sight of them having Blues fans in them, and the carnage that could cause.

All you need now is a booking history from the past 3 seasons.

If your mates don't meet that criteria then I fully support the club not selling them tickets. Not because I don't thinkyour mates should have tickets. But if they can blag tickets with that small of a booking history, then so could Blues fans.

I agree with that. I'd love to see a 40k+ attendance, but we are more than able to manage this with fans who have any booking history from the last 3 seasons, that covers literally hundreds of thousands of fans. If it doesn't reach 40k, it isn't Villa's fault.

It's just sad and pathetic that the world is in a state where carnage could unfold should there be blues fans in the villa end. 

I don't think it does cover 100s of thousands of fans. Itl cover more than 40k for sure but not monstrous amounts. 

My dad for example has been about 5 times in the last 2/3 years. Has absolutely no chance of going because we get the tickets on my ref. He's not a villa fan but he comes with me and supports the team when he does. 

Quite a few people will decide against it as a result of having to come alone I would imagine. That's how it is for me. Long journey, at night with work the next day.

Spoke to steward today and he said that they will remove immediately any identifiable Blues fans from ANY part of the ground not allocated to Blues fans. Its apparently already enshrined in the Villa Park rule book and he said any Blues fans in the Villa areas will only stay there if they are not identifiable as Blues fans !!!

Edited by Paul33

I just booked the last two tickets together in the Trinity Middle (not sure why after today!), so just single seats left, if that's where you want to sit. Question, it said on my email they'd post the tickets. That can't be right, can it? I'd have thought I'd have to pick them up?

I just booked the last two tickets together in the Trinity Middle (not sure why after today!), so just single seats left, if that's where you want to sit. Question, it said on my email they'd post the tickets. That can't be right, can it? I'd have thought I'd have to pick them up?

Yeah it's right. They'll go out Monday morning first class and be with you Tuesday.

Edited by One For The Road

Im guessing il be ok to buy tickets on monday, cant see this one being a sell out for many reasons, work, fear of violence etc wernt going to go due to work but i cannot miss this one even after todays showing. I cant get tickets on my online login as the villa have completly messed up mine and my brothers reference numbers and for some stupid reason we both have 3 each !!!!!!!!! I havent a clue how or why this is lol

Can anyone put up to date screen shot of the seating plan? wanted to sit in Holte but looks full from previous seating plan posts on this thread.

Would love to know how all these noses are supposed to be getting tickets in the villa end, i know we hear this every time we play them but even bluenoses i know that aint trouble makers have apparently got tickets in our end !! Mind you i know a few albion lads who always sit in the villa end when we play them at home, they must have done this about 6-7 times at least now. What the **** are they doing down the ticket office really ?

Edited by leighavfc

Can anyone put up to date screen shot of the seating plan? wanted to sit in Holte but looks full from previous seating plan posts on this thread.

Can't screen shot it, but as of 8:30ish tonight, the whole top of the Trinity was showing green, except the middle bit, and there were only single seats left in the middle Trinity. There were about 2 sections at the top of the Witton Lane green too, everything else yellow. Holte showing red, except L9 where there were a few single seats, and the North was red.

Rough estimates on tickets sold;

The Holte End (capacity 13,472)= 100% sold = 13,472

The North Stand (capacity 7,086) = 70% sold = 4,960

The Doug Ellis Stand (capacity 9,081 - 2700 Blues allocation) = 55% sold our end = 3,510

The Trinity Road Stand (capacity 12,954) = 70% sold (Tier 1 and 2 sold out bar a handful of tickets) = 9,068

Total guestimate Villa end = 31,010 

+ blues allocation = 2,700

Total overall guestimation so far = 33,710

Remember its also midweek, its just after the weekend's outlay and its live on TV !

I'm doing 200 mile trip to be there again and I couldn't live with calling myself a Villa fan and NOT going to a Blues game but all fans are different and always have been ..... this one is for the hardcore !

We'll sell out against Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal etc. But struggle to get over 36k for games against Blues and West Brom. That is what pisses me off the most. I understand we are shit and people want to stay away. Fine. But please don't bother turning up for games against Man U if you're not gonna come to the games which matter most.

Surely it is up to fans to decide which games they want to go to.

The fans spend the money - they have the right to decide which games they go to.

We'll sell out against Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal etc. But struggle to get over 36k for games against Blues and West Brom. That is what pisses me off the most. I understand we are shit and people want to stay away. Fine. But please don't bother turning up for games against Man U if you're not gonna come to the games which matter most.

Surely it is up to fans to decide which games they want to go to.

The fans spend the money - they have the right to decide which games they go to.

They do. But Villa fans who only turn up for games against the big boys need to take a look at themselves imo. I mean why would a Villa fan rather go and see Villa vs Man Utd over Villa vs Blues? I'd honestly rather they'd just go and support Man U or Liverpool

• Like 3

thing with villa is that we have an uninterested fanbase and way too many fairweather fans.

This. People will defend it by saying we're shit but look at Sunderland. Get over 40k most of the time. Newcastle always get above 45k. Yes they're one club cities but our fanbase is just as big as both of theirs.

I can understand why a Villa fan would want to watch a game vs United rather than a game vs blues:

1) league games are considered by many as bigger matches than league cup games.

2) The United game was on a Friday night after a win. The blues game is on a Tuesday after 2 losses.

3) The United game there is normally little expectation whereas the blues game has a toxic atmosphere not really that suitable for younger fans.

4) The quality of players from the opposition team is better in the United game.

Â