Your Thoughts On Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Pilchard

I'm not bothered about Adebayor now, he's from another era. Lets just watch Gestede and Ayew do their thing. I'm sure the pair of them will be amongst the goals especially when Traore and Grealish get a run in the team together.

Despite it losing Benteke and Delph, I think we have a better team and will score more goals and concede less, and win more matches than we did last season. Sherwood and the scouts have done a good job.

Pretty much sums it up.

Somewhat exciting but also somewhat disappointing. 

To start with the good, Amavi, Gana and Traore will IMO prove to be excellent signings and be top quality players for us. 

I'm satisfied that we've improve our central defence on last season too.

However I'm disappointed that we didn't adequately replace Benteke. Yes he's very hard to replace, but with the money available I firmly believe we could have replaced his goals (not his all round importance mind). To be brutal I think the money spent on Gestede and Ayew should have gone onto one forward, someone like Charlie Austin. I believe he'd get around 15 league goals for us with the likes of Gil, Grealish and Traore creating chances for him. 

Without a goal scorer I still think we will struggle to win matches, so I don't expect us to finish higher than 12th/13th given our business this window. 

• Like 1

13 players in

Vlaar, Benteke, Delph, Bennett (L), Baker (L), Robinson (L), Given, Tonev, Bent, Luna, Weimann, Lowton - 12 players in/around the first team out.

Quality in the squad has gone up, but we still lack in important areas. Keeper is no different, still weak, Defence is stronger, midfield is stronger - depending on potential and the strike force is weaker.

Great work by Sherwood, Fox and Reilly.

Poor from Lerner, who could have allowed the club to spend it's own money on a keeper and a striker, which would have improved what we have. Currently we are relying on potential to hit the ground running, or find their feet really quickly.

Surely having spent £16m on two strikers who supposedly aren't good enough to the point we need to sign a third one on deadline day, it's not great work by Sherwood, Fox and Reilly? It wasn't money that was the issue with Adebayor, the funds seemed to be there, in fact I think Randy had very little to do with this transfer window, good or bad, other than setting a budget at the start of it. Who knows how much is left in the kitty, I'm guessing the Adebayor loan fee plus the potential fee for Ilori means there is some.

Ayew will come good, but he might need 12 months. Gestede will be a solid player - and he will score goals. But he isn't a striker for all games. We needed another option. We have Gabby and Ayew (similar) Gestede and Kozak (similar), we needed a clever striker, somebody who will cause problems in and around the box, somebody powerful - similar to Adebayor. 

The signings are good but we needed another body on top.

Somewhat exciting but also somewhat disappointing.

To start with the good, Amavi, Gana and Traore will IMO prove to be excellent signings and be top quality players for us.

I'm satisfied that we've improve our central defence on last season too.

However I'm disappointed that we didn't adequately replace Benteke. Yes he's very hard to replace, but with the money available I firmly believe we could have replaced his goals (not his all round importance mind). To be brutal I think the money spent on Gestede and Ayew should have gone onto one forward, someone like Charlie Austin. I believe he'd get around 15 league goals for us with the likes of Gil, Grealish and Traore creating chances for him.

Without a goal scorer I still think we will struggle to win matches, so I don't expect us to finish higher than 12th/13th given our business this window.

I'd take 12th /13th any day .... I think this year is about consolidation and then next year those same players with a slight tweak can then start looking at top 10

• Like 4

A stronger squad, certainly.

From a personal perspective, this has been the most intriguing and positive transfer window I've ever been through. There was that fortnight period starting with Veretout and ending with Adama that it was just exciting to be a villa fan again. Sherwood has been bold.

Furthermore, Sherwood clearly wanted more exciting, perhaps unpredictable, players. He was obviously bothered by how we had no plan b once the balls to Benteke stopped working last year.

I don't think Sherwood fully trusted a lot of his inherited squad either. His placement of Gabby as 'club captain' I think shows that, while rewarding loyalty, Sherwood doesn't see Gabby playing too often once Ayew gets underway.

This is Sherwood's squad for sure but the whole gelling issue will continue to be a source of concern.

Busy as ive ever known it for us. We have near enough a brand new squad, Sherwoods squad. He managed to flog a lot of players I thought we'd be stuck with until their contracts expired, deserves credit for that.

Didnt think after the sales of Kaa and Tekkers we'd bring in as many as we would, definitely have a few that will turn out to be gems imo in Amavi, Traore, Gana, Richards, Sinclair and Veretout.

Job well done AVFC, probably should have done more in regards to a goalscorer with that £15m odd we spent on Rudy/Ayew but im only saying that now as they havent really impressed me, but they could turn out decent in time idk!

I think it is really good transfer windows for time ..huge miss is Benteke, yet got big money from him which not mind from me to buy more player and his calibre is sore missing. 

Goalkeeper

(good buy but would love see No.1 Goalkeeper take over Guzan - Goalkeeper normally very expensive to buy for no.1)

*Bunn - good goalkeeper but would go for someone who is no.1 goalkeeper.
*Sarkic - who he is ? I dont clues but i find youtube he look fast agility not sure if it is him.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5bww8w04Yw

Defender

(only one i not happy with this too many centre halves... i would love see Buy Right Back as it is our weak link.. like clone Amavi right foot did for us .. )

Llori - I dont see him player but see load my mates who is liverpool fans dont happy with rodger let him go. loan with view to buy.

Crespo - I think he will come good cover and i think tim play him right back rather centre half which his suit position.
Lescott - great sign i happy him join us but i am corcern that what chance clark and okore player we could lost 2 really good centre half especial okore i want him stay as love his player style.
Richards - would love see him right back. but he is very good job for us so far beside some rust or mistake lend to goal he will learn this roles. am sure he will very good leader and player.
Amavi - What a player, best left back ever i see might good left back is... Bouma or Warnock)

Richards-Okore-Lescott-Amavi would be great defence line.. but Richards will play centre-half.

Midfield
(very good business I happy with it)

Gana - What a player! great replacement Delph. he is very good centre midfield. good job tim he is good buy
Adama - Shock see how good he is .. i mean Very GOOD player, best winger proper for long time .. even for cheap! 
Veretout - I think he is really really good player once he use pace and our leagues. he is capacity play EVERYWHERE! like Milner did for us. he will important play i cant wait see him and gana click together.

Gana-Veretout(or Westwood or Sanchez)
Adama-Grealish-Gil

Forward
(bit dispointed with this area..we should buy better striker or loan big club striker ie Remy )

Rudy - I Think he is not bad player, i am sure he will good. only one thing he need improve is mobility like Benteke he will better as he is easy to defence. 
Ayew - he is big upgrade from gabby, he is seem bit lost but ability there can really good he can do better. he is need match time and form will come along...

special notice: 
*Guzan - need seriously improve his kick! he is quality goalkeeper but would like buy new No.1 goalkeeper
*Okore - should ties him 5 years extends and want him play regular - Lescott-Okore should be great partner but i happy see Richards-Lescott.

*Baker - why ties him 5 years if player come in same his position? i dont get it .. might save for future or sell values.

cant wait see Gil-Grealish-Adama together again as it is really please to watch football with trio of them.

I've been thinking about it all. I really wanted us to sign another proven goalscorer today but it's not that bad a miss.

We'll probably only play one striker once everyone's fit and we have enough to choose from depending on the opposition and who's in form. Sinclair is looking like a complete bargain already.

Defence already looked better before today and now should be really solid. Guzan will be fine with Micah and Joleon in front of him.

Midfield looks strong at the back and exciting at the front & out wide.

It'll be full of ups and downs but I think we'll be fine if not spectacular this season. What excites me is the potential over the next few years - this could be the beginning of something special.

• Like 1

As good a window as we could have hoped for, in fact better than we could have hoped for. Fox and his team acted swiftly and professionally and have acquired good quality, value players. We now have strength in depth and room for improvement through players developing. We have a competitive first team squad that doesn't pick itself.

Really cannot believe some opinion on this board for unrealistic expectation given the massive task required?

Very optimistic, very pleased. 9 out of 10 from me.

[Newcastle signed well]

I think it is really good transfer windows for time ..huge miss is Benteke, yet got big money from him which not mind from me to buy more player and his calibre is sore missing. 

Goalkeeper

(good buy but would love see No.1 Goalkeeper take over Guzan - Goalkeeper normally very expensive to buy for no.1)

*Bunn - good goalkeeper but would go for someone who is no.1 goalkeeper.

*Sarkic - who he is ? I dont clues but i find youtube he look fast agility not sure if it is him.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5bww8w04Yw

Defender

(only one i not happy with this too many centre halves... i would love see Buy Right Back as it is our weak link.. like clone Amavi right foot did for us .. )

Llori - I dont see him player but see load my mates who is liverpool fans dont happy with rodger let him go. loan with view to buy.

Crespo - I think he will come good cover and i think tim play him right back rather centre half which his suit position.

Lescott - great sign i happy him join us but i am corcern that what chance clark and okore player we could lost 2 really good centre half especial okore i want him stay as love his player style.

Richards - would love see him right back. but he is very good job for us so far beside some rust or mistake lend to goal he will learn this roles. am sure he will very good leader and player.

Amavi - What a player, best left back ever i see might good left back is... Bouma or Warnock)

Richards-Okore-Lescott-Amavi would be great defence line.. but Richards will play centre-half.

Midfield

(very good business I happy with it)

Gana - What a player! great replacement Delph. he is very good centre midfield. good job tim he is good buy

Adama - Shock see how good he is .. i mean Very GOOD player, best winger proper for long time .. even for cheap! 

Veretout - I think he is really really good player once he use pace and our leagues. he is capacity play EVERYWHERE! like Milner did for us. he will important play i cant wait see him and gana click together.

Gana-Veretout(or Westwood or Sanchez)

Adama-Grealish-Gil

Forward

(bit dispointed with this area..we should buy better striker or loan big club striker ie Remy )

Rudy - I Think he is not bad player, i am sure he will good. only one thing he need improve is mobility like Benteke he will better as he is easy to defence. 

Ayew - he is big upgrade from gabby, he is seem bit lost but ability there can really good he can do better. he is need match time and form will come along...

special notice: 

*Guzan - need seriously improve his kick! he is quality goalkeeper but would like buy new No.1 goalkeeper

*Okore - should ties him 5 years extends and want him play regular - Lescott-Okore should be great partner but i happy see Richards-Lescott.

*Baker - why ties him 5 years if player come in same his position? i dont get it .. might save for future or sell values.

cant wait see Gil-Grealish-Adama together again as it is really please to watch football with trio of them.

Danny, are you Whispers_listen?

I think its been great, Some of the new players seem to have settled in immediately (Gana, Amavi, Richards, Sinclair, Traore), others will need more time.

I predict an entertaining season where we finish somewhere between 10th - 15th, but without us being in any danger of relegation.

13 players in? That's shit, we need at least 40.

:trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

My other thought is that it seems to be very much a moneyball window. I'm guessing there is an algorithm that says how many goals Ayew should be contributing and so on for the rest of the signings and that's been compared to want we scored last year and what we need to score.

None of the signings seem to have been driven by emotion - everything seems to have been well considered.

• Like 2

I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10. The two players I'd have liked would have been a striker and a right back, but maybe ilori and Crespo (or Okore?) could play there. Striker, I think Ayew will come good, I think he is suffering with personal issues and lack of confidence probably because of that, and the chasm between ligue 1 and the premiership, PSG would easily be top three in the premier league, but the lower reaches are mid championship level. It's just a question of if gestede and gabby and sinclair can tide us over with and some nice chipping in from the midfield until he's up to 100%. I'd hate him to be a flop like some similar money signings like Cornelius, van wolfswinkel or ideye as I think he has bags more talent than them

Â