Adama Traore

mwj

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He's shown that he has incredible potential. With the new TV money in place £8-10 million on what this kid could become doesn't seem a crazy unaffordable gamble. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few clubs interested. 

I agreed with the £8-10 million mark but we would be utterly stupid to sell at that price so that is why I doubt there will be any interest.

The kid has a lot of potential but needs games. If he can play more with his head up and get better at decision making he'll be a star so it's madness to even think about selling him. He'd end up sitting on the bench at another PL club when we could be starting him weekly . If we hold on to the vast majority of our players we will piss the Championship and come back up with a nucleus of young quality players to add to. 

We live in  a world where Andros Townsend on the back of about 4 decent games in 6 weeks 3 years ago still moves for 12m.

Levy yet again getting top dollar for unwanted squad players.

Hope Adama stays anyway, he would rip the championship up as many of the back 4s are really slow down there.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Could be our secret weapon.  Would be great against the better teams where we are doing a lot of deep defending.  If that was the case I would take him off the wing and put him on the half way line in the centre circle. I would instruct all the players to look for him as the outlet.  As for Adama, I would say forget all that passing nonsense.  Take them on and go grab us a goal.  If he gets a one on one or even a one on two, I would fancy him to get past their last line a few times. Whether he will score or not I don't know, but he would perfect for that kind of counterattack when we are under the cosh.

39 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Are you sure about the two weeks?

He would be very helpful.

He said on his Facebook, he'll probably need game time before he plays senior I'd imagine 

Edited by supermon

2 hours ago, supermon said:

He said on his Facebook, he'll probably need game time before he plays senior I'd imagine 

Hmmm... I would say training in 2, match ready in 3. He remains one hell of a weapon. We've got a defence capable of utilising him now too. 

• Like 1

I think everyone can clearly see the man has alot of potential, and when hes back he should be used. But id be mindful of playing him from the start, not sure if we can afford a player which is, to be fair, not the best passer in the world.  An impact sub for the last 20-30 minutes could probably work though

5 hours ago, tomaspg said:

I think everyone can clearly see the man has alot of potential, and when hes back he should be used. But id be mindful of playing him from the start, not sure if we can afford a player which is, to be fair, not the best passer in the world.  An impact sub for the last 20-30 minutes could probably work though

I completely agree with what you said. The problem is we're not in the position to put impact players with the potential to win a game on for the last 20 minutes, as we're usually losing by that point. Wins are the only thing of any use to us now, so players of his ability need to be played from the off so we can get ahead in games. As opposed to putting them on so we can start chasing games with 20 minutes to go. I appreciate that it's a gamble, but gambles are all we have left now.

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hmmm... I would say training in 2, match ready in 3. He remains one hell of a weapon. We've got a defence capable of utilising him now too. 

I was pondering this myself over the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised, now that we've solidified the team, if we see Adama starting games when he returns.

I'd be tempted to play him in Gil#s place from the last game and just tell him to do whatever the **** he wants.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I was pondering this myself over the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised, now that we've solidified the team, if we see Adama starting games when he returns.

I'd be tempted to play him in Gil#s place from the last game and just tell him to do whatever the **** he wants.

I'm not sure i'd be starting him but wouldn't be against it if it did happen.

I'd definitely start giving him more game time though.

I'd be playing him from the start and giving him at least 3 full games to show what he can do. We have Agbonlahor in the team now who will read his runs and get on the end of his crosses a lot better than what Gestede did. 

This is almost our best line up for me:

Richards Okore Lescott Cissokho

Bacuna Gueye Westwood

Traore Gil

Agbonlahor

Alternatively, I think these can work also:

Bacuna Gueye

Traore Gil Grealish

Agbonlahor 

Traore Bacuna Gueye Sinclair