Adama Traore

mwj

I think the guy is super super talented but his attitude (appears) to be all wrong, he has these constant niggles and he is far from the complete player. Part of me hopes he will stay and RDM will talk him round - i think he could rip up the championship if he screwed his head on and knuckled down.  But another part of me, the pragmatist, thinks we should cut our losses and swap him for a lesser talent who is more committed and will do a job for us over the course of a season; not in one or two games.  He is a total enigma to me and he is failing to make the most of his talent.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Probably one of the rawest players I've ever seen. When he can't learn tactical awareness and tactical discipline at Barcelona he won't learn it anywhere.

Disappointing but I have nothing personal against him. Unfortunately I can see him fading away completely.

• Like 1

He is just a guy who can run fast and that is it. He is a 1 out of 10 in just about every other department, his attitude looks iffy and he is injury prone. If any fools are prepared to pay anything for him then sell ..... or just trade him for a bag of training balls !

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

He is just a guy who can run fast and that is it. He is a 1 out of 10 in just about every other department

Not true IMO; he is very skillful and goes past people for fun.  Passing, football intelligence, defensive skills, finishing - I would agree his is poor.

Hes definately an enigma.  Would love to keep him but i think there is just too much that needs sorting with his game. We have other priorities atm instead of teaching him how to play football.

Its being reported by a few places that this is qiite far down the road, but this did make me laugh from the teeside gazette

Traore was signed by Sherwood, who told the BBC at the time: “He’s dynamic, very quick and a maverick-type player

“He makes his mind up when he gets the ball and those players are rare. There aren’t many players in the Premier League who can do that.

He certainly does that!

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He's no more 'super super talented' than (say) Tony Daley. But with a worse attitude. 

one of my favourate players so probably explains my view; have a soft spot for players that get you off the seat (in a good way). 

Edited by Gary Thomas

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think he'll do well up there...

Karanka will have seen enough of him at Barca B to work out how to use him...more so than the three managers he's had here.

Indeed. Cheap Fantasy Football transfer only silver lining I can find.

10 minutes ago, UppsalaVillan said:

He hates Birmingham..

..so he's moving to Middlesborough

I was thinking the same! He's in for a shock 

Â