Adama Traore

mwj

56 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

He's the kind of player that you could one day see at a massive club akin to Bayern or Real if he puts his head down and has a proper run in a first team somewhere so it would be a shame to lose him. On the flipside, if he never gets a run in a first team you can file him alongside plenty of other players who showed massive talent at a young age and never delivered.

But at the end of that day, if he doesn't want to stay and fight he can do one.

See Royston Drenthe

• Like 3

I've changed my mind - we haven't got time to carry anyone this mentally challenged this season - he needs to be replaced in the squad while he works out his demons, whether that is here or somewhere else.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Can see him going on loan to a mid table team in La Liga like Betis or Malaga, providing we pay a large portion of his wages.

If we have to pay any of his wages all deals should be off. He needs to play football and prove himself worthy, something he's never done. What a dick tbh—he's only just come back from injury and it should be time for him to knuckle down and try to get in this team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

If we have to pay any of his wages all deals should be off. He needs to play football and prove himself worthy, something he's never done. What a dick tbh—he's only just come back from injury and it should be time for him to knuckle down and try to get in this team. 

I agree if we have to pay any of his wages he should stay here, they pay his full wages or he stays

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

See Royston Drenthe

Good example. Although at least Drenthe had a great tournament with Netherlands to put him in the spotlight.

Traore had that one great cameo against Notts County...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am suprised he wants to leave on that salary, no-one is going to pay him those wages with his injury record and his pretty average performances.

Good shout and is the flip side to the "He's a prat" argument, if he's willing to not sit on the bench and claim a (extortionate) wage and wants to just play then more power to him, if, however, he's being a prat then f**k him and the hype train he rode in on.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

i think he is in for a massive shock when he realises there isn't much interest in him. He used to be an enigma, that has thinned somewhat and his stature is not what it was before he signed for us. 

Nah - his agent is clever. Most agents are - isn't there the rumour didn't we have to sign Crespo as a sweetener to get Traore?

If he's put in a transfer request then there are clubs that have indicated an interest in him and he fancies it. I don't think any players are advised so poorly that they end up rotting in the reserves anymore (Well, apart from Gabby).

You see what annoys me is this. He wants to leave,  but not for money reasons but for football reasons. He wants to play regular football in a top division league. 

Well in that case Adama,  make it happen,  live out your dreams of signing for a top division team and take the paycut which will make this happen... What's that?  Yes it's important for footballing reasons but you will stay here if no one matches or improves your wages?  What's that got to do with your footballing dreams and desires? 

If you want to be gone make sacrifices in order to be gone. 

7 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

If he's put in a transfer request

He hasn't done that (yet) though as that would forgoe any potential loyalty bonus/cut of the transfer fee he'd be owed IF we do manage to sell him. 

1 hour ago, JPAngel said:

He's the kind of player that you could one day see at a massive club akin to Bayern or Real if he puts his head down and has a proper run in a first team somewhere so it would be a shame to lose him. On the flipside, if he never gets a run in a first team you can file him alongside plenty of other players who showed massive talent at a young age and never delivered.

But at the end of that day, if he doesn't want to stay and fight he can do one.

Managers are paid to win football matches and their job and reputation is on the line. They have to have players who not only score goals and cause the opposition problems, but in times of need defend, when we haven't got the ball.

At present he is an extremely limited player who has an explosive burst of pace that is akin to what you would see at "Hall Green dog track" however these bursts of pace do not result in goals.....so he becomes a liability the manager can ill afford.

I simply don't know where we go with this player......He is not really in my thoughts with and kind of seriousness.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He hasn't done that (yet) though as that would forgoe any potential loyalty bonus/cut of the transfer fee he'd be owed IF we do manage to sell him. 

So what's the fuss and the 'big avfc news' rubbish from last night about then?

I said quite early on that if he had not learned the basics at Barcelona he would never learn them. He does not have a clue except run as fast as you can with the ball.

I do not see the talent that others see in him, and suggesting that he will go on to play for a top side is pie in the sky.

He has achieved zero while he has been with us, and unfortunately I cannot see anyone else taking him. The new N'Zogbia, but less talented.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

So what's the fuss and the 'big avfc news' rubbish from last night about then?

I think he's just asked to leave but hasn't done anything official like hand in a transfer request. If he did that it might cost him money. If he just tells the manager he wants a move then in the event the club sell him he stills gets a payoff. What villa should do is agree to sell him and then make Traore hand in a transfer request to force though the move, losing any cut of the fee he would ordinarily get.

That's just as I understand it, I could be wrong.

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

I think he's just asked to leave but hasn't done anything official like hand in a transfer request. If he did that it might cost him money. If he just tells the manager he wants a move then in the event the club sell him he stills gets a payoff. What villa should do is agree to sell him and then make Traore hand in a transfer request to force though the move, losing any cut of the fee he would ordinarily get.

Then in that case I'd hope we'd be strong and say no pay off as he clearly doesnt deserve one

Right from the off I felt it would end something like this. Thinks he is already a superstar before he has even delivered half a dozen decent perfromances on the trot.  For me there was never the slightest chance that he would become a regular and valuable member of the team. No doubt we will make a loss on the deal

A complete waste from the start - If we'd have spent similar money on a different player last season might have ended differently

• Like 3

Â