Adama Traore

mwj

9 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Or Didier Six for even older fans!

Sadly I am old enough to remember Didier Six as well. :)

According to Wiki, he did play 15 games for us and scoring 2 goals though, what would we give for a midfielder with that strike rate these days. :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NeilS said:

Sadly I am old enough to remember Didier Six as well. :)

According to Wiki, he did play 15 games for us and scoring 2 goals though, what would we give for a midfielder with that strike rate these days. :D

at this stage I be happy with a striker with that strike rate ;) 

• Like 1

On 27 July 2016 at 12:11, StanBalaban said:

Whilst running the risk of sounding like something Karl Pilkington might ask, is the lad too big for his body?

Could his physique, power and mass actually cause more strains than if he was less of a musclelocis*.

*may not be an actual word.

It is now.......musclelocis will be all over Fleet st.

• Like 1

Looks more like a doorman than a footballer.....put gold around his neck and you have the new Mr T

......not really sure what he's all about.

Edited by TRO

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

But now you know there was a man named Adama Traore and that he saved me,in every way that a person can be saved

He exists now only in my memory.

Promise me you will survive....that you will never give up...not matter what happens...no matter how hopeless...promise me now."

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

What does this even mean?

That he's too muscle bound? There seems to be a theme that his weight is causing too much stress on his joints/muscles, but it's not exactly clear that this is the case.

According to ESPN FC he is 5 ft 10 and 168 pounds. Assuming his body fat is around 8-10% that does indeed make him pretty muscle bound for his height. The question is how much of this is natural (in the sense of him not lifting that much weight but being genetically muscle bound) and how much is acquired from weight training. 

If he is actually hitting the weights very hard then one could imagine it being an issue. Footballer's really do not need to that muscle bound, in boxing terms 168lbs would make him a super middleweight, but you'd find very few super middleweights being that short in height. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That he's too muscle bound? There seems to be a theme that his weight is causing too much stress on his joints/muscles, but it's not exactly clear that this is the case.

According to ESPN FC he is 5 ft 10 and 168 pounds. Assuming his body fat is around 8-10% that does indeed make him pretty muscle bound for his height. The question is how much of this is natural (in the sense of him not lifting that much weight but being genetically muscle bound) and how much is acquired from weight training. 

If he is actually hitting the weights very hard then one could imagine it being an issue. Footballer's really do not need to that muscle bound, in boxing terms 168lbs would make him a super middleweight, but you'd find very few super middleweights being that short in height. 

Richards (and Gabby) also suffers from the same syndrome.

he looks way more than 168. that makes him lighter than me at 6'2, and I would not be muscling him off the ball any time soon.

it looks like genetics to me anyway, as opposed to too much mass building. his body should be comfortable carrying that. have to remember his injury last year was as a result of getting kicked all over the pitch and having his foot broken.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

he looks way more than 168. that makes him lighter than me at 6'2, and I would not be muscling him off the ball any time soon.

it looks like genetics to me anyway, as opposed to too much mass building. his body should be comfortable carrying that. have to remember his injury last year was as a result of getting kicked all over the pitch and having his foot broken.

Given his low body fat I think 168-172 lbs is about right. If he had higher body fat (e.g. 15-17%) he'd be closer more around your weight. He's a short squat guy, whereas at 6ft 2 you will have a bigger frame and perhaps more dense bones, which contributes to total body weight.

I do think a lot of his physique is genetic, but he clearly does lift weights, so would be interesting to know how often/seriously he does this. He reminds me a boxer called Tim Bradley. He weighs in before fights 147lbs but is absolutely stacked. 

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Given his low body fat I think 168-172 lbs is about right. If he had higher body fat (e.g. 15-17%) he'd be closer more around your weight. He's a short squat guy, whereas at 6ft 2 you will have a bigger frame and perhaps more dense bones, which contributes to total body weight.

I do think a lot of his physique is genetic, but he clearly does lift weights, so would be interesting to know how often/seriously he does this. He reminds me a boxer called Tim Bradley. He weighs in before fights 147lbs but is absolutely stacked. 

true. I'm pretty light for my size, 172-5 at around 10-12%, but I guess that is part of what helps him be so quick over 10 metres, a lot of power on a comparatively light body. I'd be interested to know what his 40 yard time would be, maybe we should start an American Football team with Traore as our star running back.

Edited by a m ole

Â