Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Are we allowed to loan him, I know we had issues with januzaj last season. Not sure what everyone else thinks but I'd take a loan

I'm not sure we've got any more money to spend anyway. Liverpool only paid & £16m upfront for Benteke, we've easily spent that already. ;)
We got £32.5 million for Benteke. If they are paying stage payments then it stands to reason that we are doing the same with our new signings.

Lerner always throws in £15-£20 million each summer for transfers. Not sure if he will do so this time but I'm sure there is cash if we really need to spend more.

We are about even in our spending thus far-Another 2 plus Adebayor on loan would be the icing on the cake for me.

That's the joke ☺

Well it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe last summer we didn't quite spend that but remember the Cleverley deal fell apart at the 11th hour. If that signing had gone through, it would have taken the spend over the £15mil mark.

Just to confirm I was joking. The £16m upfront being this summers repetitive stupid comment. As I have needed to explain I have realised I must do better :D

Are we allowed to loan him, I know we had issues with januzaj last season. Not sure what everyone else thinks but I'd take a loan

I'm not sure we've got any more money to spend anyway. Liverpool only paid & £16m upfront for Benteke, we've easily spent that already. ;)
We got £32.5 million for Benteke. If they are paying stage payments then it stands to reason that we are doing the same with our new signings.

Lerner always throws in £15-£20 million each summer for transfers. Not sure if he will do so this time but I'm sure there is cash if we really need to spend more.

We are about even in our spending thus far-Another 2 plus Adebayor on loan would be the icing on the cake for me.

That's the joke ☺

Maybe last summer we didn't quite spend that but remember the Cleverley deal fell apart at the 11th hour. If that signing had gone through, it would have taken the spend over the £15mil mark.

Just to confirm I was joking. The £16m upfront being this summers repetitive stupid comment. As I have needed to explain I have realised I must do better :D

Oh right.

I'd not even seen it discussed before so wasn't aware it was such a big issue on here-I don't think its a case of needing to explain, more a case of accepting that not everybody reads every page of every thread.

That's the joke ☺

Oh right.

I'd not even seen it discussed before so wasn't aware it was such a big issue on here-I don't think its a case of needing to explain, more a case of accepting that not everybody reads every page of every thread.

Although by doing that, any input to the discussion is more valuable.

Yes but a lot of it is drivel and out of date for those of us who log on less frequently than others. I rarely scroll back more than 1 or 2 pages of a thread. The proof being the subject in hand-Does it really make one iota of a difference in the grand scheme of things if there are stage payments for the Benteke fee? Most transfers happen in that way and whilst the release clause probably stated money up front, it wouldn't have affected our ability to do deals. At best, it may have given us the upper hand if a rival wanted to pay over 3 or 4 years.

Think this will be announced tomorrow or the next day. They have started printing his name on the back of shirts at the Villa shop with the number 10. 

How do you know this?

At the request of fans or just printing them ready?

Think this will be announced tomorrow or the next day. They have started printing his name on the back of shirts at the Villa shop with the number 10. 

How do you know this?

At the request of fans or just printing them ready?

Getting them ready, started doing it today. A friend works there.