Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

If we aren't paying a loan fee then I can see us paying his full wage, works out about £5m for the year. Sherwood really wanted him so it's not like we are doing Spurs a favour from our point of view in taking him and will have to pay a decent wedge either way.

I don't understand the argument about the proportion of wages we pay.

We either pay 100% no fee, or a £2m fee and £3m worth of wages.

There is no getting away from the fact Abe is going to cost uf £5m for better or worse.

I, for one, am glad of this signing.

• Like 1

Paying a fee and all the wages on a player they are desperate to offload makes no sence what so ever.

• Adebayor is in the driving seat. If he has his mind set on reuniting with Sherwood he can pretty much just sit on his bum with his arms crossed and say no all the other offers that might come in.
  • Spurs needs to get as much of his wages of their books as possible and are risking having a £100 K player on their hands that they have no intention of using (not even with the reservs).
  • We just have to give them enough to make them feel it's a win/win deal.

If Spurs has the need to feed the press that they are doing excellent business to get their fans onboard, it's fine with me. And I think it's fine with Fox, Sherwood et al aswell. As long as we get the deal we are pleased with.

Pretty much everyone I have spoken to outside of the hallowed walls of Villa Talk and the bullshit factory that is social media, as in normal people, are genuinely excited at the prospect of Adebayor. My sister is completely psyched.

Ex Arsenal, Real Madrid, Man City, still only 31. You can see why.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Jesus, this thread is full of accountants and bean counters….who really cares what the terms are, its not your money and Villa will only agree the terms if they can afford it and it makes sense.  All I care about is what his does on the pitch in a Villa shirt, that’s it.

under what has, until this transfer window, been a very, very, veeeeeery tight budget, forgive us for being a little bit bean-countery keeping Lerner's stitched pockets in mind. ;)  

Seems to be taking a long time.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were playing hardball with Levy.

Surely that's the only thing holding this up.  I can't see why else we wouldn't have announced it yet.

Pretty much everyone I have spoken to outside of the hallowed walls of Villa Talk and the bullshit factory that is social media, as in normal people, are genuinely excited at the prospect of Adebayor. My sister is completely psyched.

Ex Arsenal, Real Madrid, Man City, still only 31. You can see why.

I am more excited about gueye, amavi and veretout to be honest. In addition I think Gestede will be a better signing than Adebayor

Jesus, this thread is full of accountants and bean counters….who really cares what the terms are, its not your money and Villa will only agree the terms if they can afford it and it makes sense.  All I care about is what his does on the pitch in a Villa shirt, that’s it.

But then what would we all complain about?

• Like 2

But then what would we all complain about?

This sort of stuff?

http://www.footballfan.zone/1/with-yet-another-move-on-the-cards-whats-eating-emmanuel-adebayor/