Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, jim said:

He isn't worth £18m in a million years. 

If someone bids £10m he will be off IMO.

Sort of agree with the sentiment but in a world where Ross **** McCormack costs you £12m I think it's fair to say that Amavi, a player with genuine ability to play at a higher level than the Championship, should be costing more than that.

• Like 1

Didn't see today's game. The radio commentary had him down for doing some good things but also some bad things.

He's certainly more of a positive than a negative this season (bar a couple of times when he's been awful imo) but the opinions in here are way way OTT for me. Reminds me of the Westwood thread.

Solid: no doubt.

He's certainly not playing to the levels that people are suggesting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You could have just left it there.

I could but I wanted to post my opinion on Jordan amavi. Sorry, only I thought this was the Jordan amavi thread.

The bit you've quoted I put just to highlight that my opinion won't have been swayed either way by today's game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Didn't see today's game. The radio commentary had him down for doing some good things but also some bad things.

He's certainly more of a positive than a negative this season (bar a couple of times when he's been awful imo) but the opinions in here are way way OTT for me. Reminds me of the Westwood thread.

Solid: no doubt.

He's certainly not playing to the levels that people are suggesting.

If you didn't see the game how can you make the final sentence statement? With all due respect Makes absolutely no sense! :P

Edited by Demitri_C

i think ya'll are beating woody a little too roughly.

I think it's allowable to have and post an opinion based on observations that were made prior to the date of posting.  I didn't see quite a few players today.  I still have opinions about them.  Woody didn't say, "he certainly did not play TODAY to the levels people are suggesting."

BTW, WoodyTom.  I think he's really good and will definitely have PL offers at January and again this summer.  Whether he's as good as some suggest, depends on what you think they are suggesting, I suppose.

• Like 1

He's the only player we have who is of solid Premier League quality. The only one. Doesn't make him a world beater but no-one else in this squad would really challenge him for that accolade.

Chester might be wanted by a relegation fighting team for experience, Kodjia maybe as a gamble for a newly promoted side but only Amavi would be wanted by a host of teams in the top division. We'll do welk to keep hold of him in January,  we'll do exceptionally well to keep hold of him in the summer if/when we don't get promoted.

• Like 1

On 18/12/2016 at 19:09, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because having not seen the game he is adding absolutely nothing new to the conversation. That's why. 

In addition I said he could have just left it there, not that he HAD to. As a reminder, everything I post here is my opinion. Nothing more.

More nonsense that you need to have seen the game to offer an opinion. I've added something new in that the commentary said he did some good things and some bad things. 

Whether or not thats true I have no idea. But it's up for debate. 

Now whether that debate is something that appeals to you is another matter..... but it hardly warrants posts made referring to myself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

More nonsense that you need to have seen the game to offer an opinion. I've added something new in that the commentary said he did some good things and some bad things. 

Whether or not thats true I have no idea. But it's up for debate. 

Now whether that debate is something that appeals to you is another matter..... but it hardly warrants posts made referring to myself.

giphy.gif

"He's certainly not playing to the levels that people are suggesting."

yeah, sounds like a debate. CERTAINLY.

giphy.gif

Edited by a m ole

Â