Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Just now, bobzy said:

Agreed - I mean, he's in the price category of Ronaldo, Bale et al but really isn't anywhere that standard in terms of ability/what he offers to the team.

Guess he's still young, so could become amazing, but...

Exactly. For that money You expect a 30+ goal machine or an assist machine like Ozil.

Or you want someone sublime like Zidane.

Pogba doesn't appear to excel at any one aspect of the game except hitting the woodwork.

He is a good player, he has a very good all around game but I've never once watched him and thought he was special.

I know the markets gone insane but I'm even in an insane market his fee makes no sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Exactly. For that money You expect a 30+ goal machine or an assist machine like Ozil.

Or you want someone sublime like Zidane.

Pogba doesn't appear to excel at any one aspect of the game except hitting the woodwork.

He is a good player, he has a very good all around game but I've never once watched him and thought he was special.

I know the markets gone insane but I'm even in an insane market his fee makes no sense.

Jeffrey Schlupp - £12M

The world has gone nuts.

• Like 2

Michael Carrick. Seems fine when United easily dominate possession, but as shown in the Liverpool game if the opposition has a midfielder that's either any good or has any pace, he's completely bypassed. I think the memory that will stick with me about him is going to watch England-San Marino. His pointless, slow, side to side passing played in to their hands. We struggled to break them down because of him. 2-0 up (1 a penalty) going in to the last 12 minutes or so. Shelvey comes on for him, we win 5-0.

would happily argue carrick is one of the under rated players given international team in past.

He is 35 atm....Bit of slack. May aswell say barry is rubbish for blowing out his ass in a lot of games in past 1~ year for everton which caused some conceded goals

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gharperr said:

would happily argue carrick is one of the under rated players given international team in past.

Fair enough. Just never really rated him myself.

Edited by kurtsimonw

On 19/01/2017 at 19:25, Zatman said:

Carrick behind Lampard and/or Gerrard would have made too much sense

Hargreaves was doing a good job at the time in fairness but yes the logical thing back then would've been to have Carrick and Barry sitting infront of the back 4 and then having one of Gerrard/Lampard going forward.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

people can quote his goalscoring record all they want but Daniel Sturridge is an absolute shit footballer. terrible 1st touch, never passes the ball and a headless chicken

One of the laziest players going too. I cannot believe he got off so lightly at the Euros. Never seen a player so disinterested in all my life. Unless he has a chance of a goal he doesn't give a **** and certainly doesn't work for the team. Cannot stand players like him.

• Like 1

Â