limpid

From the start, we didn't go for the win. We went out there not to get embarrased. When we did well, we tried to win. We didn't give up. If we went down, we came back, most notably in the semi-final. It's all gone now. Depressing.

Yep the manager sent us out not to lose, very much like Lambert would.

i'm going to disagree today.

We tried and we fell short. Arsenal were just way too good for us.

and yes, we didn't play as well as we did against Liverpool. But that was a once a season performance, an anomoly that doesn't happen again.

I'd disagree too. To play and beat teams like Arsenal you need to shut up shop  and pounce - like Pulis, for example. Sherwood has talked about 'giving it a go' all week - which you can't do against this lot as they are so much better, they will pounce on your mistakes and punish you.

I also suspect it's because most of these players are dire. Benteke, supposedly our best player, seems to have reverted back to Benteksey in the past month.

Not a good audition for the managers job from Sherwood the last 3 games. Suddenly hes not quite the shoe in we thought he was.

Eh? He's already got the job and done great for us.

Did i just hear this commentator right

"Both clubs owned by America Missouri is getting the better of Brooklyn new york at the minute"

I thought Lerner was from Cleveland Ohio?

Disgustedbin this performance. True bottlers

Their team is better than ours. I don't know how you can't see that.
Tell that to all the underdog cup winners of previous years. No excuse, we have not even tried today. Disgraceful performance. It's a cup final for christ sake!
Who's that then apart from Wigan? Portsmouth beat Cardiff when they won it.
Sunderland and Wimbledon spring to mind but then again my mind has a greater capacity for remembering things than others obviously.

Sunderland won it in 1973, Wimbledon in 1988.

Since Wimbledon won it only 3 teams outside the top 4 have won the FA Cup. One of those was Everton 20 years ago.

What has that got to do with not trying?