• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Bad day at the office. We deserved to lose but not 6-1. The main thing is we are still Premier League and that would not have been the case under Lambert. Think on, Chelsea only won the league because there were 21 teams worse than them!

UTV

Tactics may have been somewhat naive today. But this result, above all else, highlights the fact that a lot of these players are simply not good enough. If we survive in the Premiership, then some major movement in the transfer market will be needed, both in and out. Come on Spurs.

Its not just any old transfer.... we need players that don't easily get steamrollered in the fashion we do....its ok having lightweights all teams have them.... we have too many....we need to get the balance better to better equip ourselves for all eventualities

Edited by TRO

Bad day at the office. We deserved to lose but not 6-1. The main thing is we are still Premier League and that would not have been the case under Lambert. Think on, Chelsea only won the league because there were 21 teams worse than them!

UTV

I have seen other teams have bad days at the office, but they don't readily concede 6 in such a capitulating fashion.

I understand your point we just have to move on....but good developing sides don't do this, in the manner we have.

We have had some really good performances, but we do peak and trough a bit worryingly.....you can't win every game, but that was woeful in the first half.

I think this performance will change ( somewhat) the managers thinking in the summer.....so it might turn out to be good.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Shockingly bad performance today. Served me right thinking we would win today. Saints were better than us in every aspect of the game and it was quite frankly a bit of an embarrassment. Sherwoods live-and-die-by-the sword attacking play makes us open to these twonkings as our back line is ridiculously high. They must have gone past our back 4 at least 10 times today. Naive. Vlaar had easily his worst performance in a Villa shirt- I hope he is not injured. The boy was lighting slow today. Given showed why he is the number 2 goalkeeper today and Hutton looked a fish out of water as a left back.

The team was terrible, but the fans were fantastic and thankfully Spurs did the job today. 

Southampton as a club should be what  we should be aiming at. Well run and able to compete as a top 8 side. The performance today suggests we have quite a bit to go to get anywhere near this next season.

• Like 2

The away support today was brilliant but I don't think anyone saw the 6-1 defeat coming.

Talking to Saints fans after the game they kept saying that we didn't deserve to lose 6-1.

Out of the starting 11 today I can only see 5 or 6 staying at the club and what the hell has happened to Gabby, he looked like he had eaten all of the Balti pies whilst out injured. Now is the time to get Randy out and give Tim some money to spend

Left after the 3rd goal and went to a pub round he corner, the biggest surprise was that it wasn't until about the 60th minute that others joined us

It was a strange one, I think with wembley and it not being the last game of the season it didn't have the same buzz around it as the last couple of years, there weren't as many in fancy dress, I drank miles away pre game, shit kick off time, got up at stupid o'clock, everything about today just wasn't right

Edited by villa4europe

I was with the majority that stayed until the end.

I'd like to think that was Vlaars last performance in a Villa shirt. Hopeless doesn't cover it!

Whilst I'm not going to put too much blame on Shay, it winds me up how he goes walkabout off his line. Got totally punished by Shane Long. Not good enough for a player of his experience.

Hope we get the funds to bring in some new blood and find a way to ship out the crap we have in the squad. The summer can't come quick enough now.

• Like 2

Given - Shit

Hutton - Shit

Vlaar - Shit

Okore - Shit

Bacuna - Shit

Westwood - Shit

Cleverly- Shit

Delph - Tried hard, but shit

Nzogbia - Shit

Grealish - Shit

Benteke - Shit

Lowton - Shit

Agbonlahor - Shit

Sinclair - Shit

Oh, and Sherwood - Shit

• Like 3

Left after the 3rd goal and went to a pub round he corner, the biggest surprise was that it wasn't until about the 60th minute that others joined us

It was a strange one, I think with wembley and it not being the last game of the season it didn't have the same buzz around it as the last couple of years, there weren't as many in fancy dress, I drank miles away pre game, shit kick off time, got up at stupid o'clock, everything about today just wasn't right

So you drank "miles away" pre-game and then left after 16 minutes... that may go some way to explain why the day didn't have the same "buzz" as you were expecting...

The second-half was fantastic in the stands, great fun. Shame you missed it.

• Like 2

Â